Crispi Highland Pro boot

I bit the expensive and ugly bullet and bought a pair for an upcoming caribou hunt. I’ve done a few hikes breaking them in and tromping through any water I come across, and I’m impressed. They are really well made, fit me well, and the boa system is fast and easy. The knee high waterproofing is actually empowering- you kinda feel like you can plow through anything without having to worry about getting wet feet. They don’t feel overpriced to me anymore, but they’re still ugly.

Last edited:

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Breaking mine in now and have a hot spot on my little toe I've never experienced with my other Crispi boots. Any recommendations? Thx

Slugz

WKR
Breaking mine in now and have a hot spot on my little toe I've never experienced with my other Crispi boots. Any recommendations? Thx
Id think maybe since its the little toe.
1) Maybe a little too small boot. Try thinner socks. If it goes away with thinner socks then that's maybe it.
2) Slippage and the foot is moving forward. It took me a few trips to get used to the BOA and how tight/loose to make it.

I run Nevadas and Guide GTXs and hadn't had any issues however when I got the Highland Pros I thought maybe the toe box was a little narrower.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
I had a slight issue with my big toe, I think due to the narrow footbox. I bought my boots a half size big even and still found that.

My solution has been to put a wrap of Leukotape around my big toes if I’ll be wearing the boots for multiple days in a row. It completely fixed the problem, no issue at all with the tape on. The tape will last close to 2 weeks.

jmike

FNG
Great info guys, I have been wearing Crisis for about 5 years now and the are a great boot. Up size is a must, yes kinda narrow , little or no breaking needed.

Mike

Interesting boots. I absolutely couldn't live with any orange on my hunting boots....just as repulsive as pink or purple to me.