Crispi Summits leaking?

colersu22

WKR
Ok gotcha. So if they started leaking or something in a year they would replace them? Huh

yes, I have only ever used it on a pair of Solomon’s g5 quest that leaked but they just asked why I was returning them and took less than a minute for a return.

So like many others I had a pair of Crispis for about a year. Moderate use but in good shape. Very well taken care of and kept me very dry for about 12 months. The left boot started leaking, then shortly after, the right boot did. Full leather, full rubber rand, expected much better durability. Crispi wouldn't warranty but Gore-Tex did. Sent me a refund for my purchase price and kept the boots that they tested and found to be leaking.

I will never buy a pair of Crispis again. I didn't like the lacing hardware, and the insoles are complete crap for a high end boot. Literally, my salomon shoes have a much better insole and the goretex lasted until the boot came apart. Salomon also has a 2 year warranty that didn't even require me to send them back, just pics...

For a hunting boot I'm going with Hoffmans. They have a 1-piece vamp(single piece of leather for the uppper) that is thick and quality leather. Pretty sure I could keep it waterproof without a liner with some quality grease. They are built much better than my crispis were and are less money. I also like that Hoffman is an Idaho company that can handle resoles.

I don't know if Crispi just grew too fast and couldn't keep up with quality because they make a great boot. Just appear to be having some quality control issues or are cutting corners. I don't know.

Put about 60 miles on my summit gtx 3rd weekend of September in Montana and my feet were soaked every single day. Yes there was plenty of rain and wet snow but for $330 I was very disappointed. On a side note boots are very comfortable and require next to zero break in. Bought them from Scheels and I returned them for full refund with zero questions asked. Thought about trying a set of crispi Valdres but not sure if I want to give crispi another chance after this experience

Put about 60 miles on my summit gtx 3rd weekend of September in Montana and my feet were soaked every single day. Yes there was plenty of rain and wet snow but for $330 I was very disappointed. On a side note boots are very comfortable and require next to zero break in. Bought them from Scheels and I returned them for full refund with zero questions asked. Thought about trying a set of crispi Valdres but not sure if I want to give crispi another chance after this experience
I had the valdres and they leaked horribly at about the 1 year mark. I'd find a better choice.

WHITES OUTDOORSMAN BOOTS: Great leather boot made in Spokane WA. They have a waterproof liner and a fantastic sole. The one I would recommend getting would be the Montana Claw lug sole. It's the best sole I've found for use in all conditions from dry to wet to snow and ice. I've had my pair two years now and they are fantastic. My feet have never gotten wet in the except for having to wade a creek that was waist deep to recover my grizzly bear in Alaska about 2 months ago. No they are not wading boots! Folks are correct though that you need to take care of them. Obenauf's and Montana Pitch Blend are the two best boot conditioner/water proofing compounds I have found. Both work very well.

JeremiahH

WKR
I'm reading up on eventual new boots. Discouraging to read about high end boot problems.
I haven't babied my Meindls and they have never leaked. Feet have always stayed dry. Rain, full days walking through melting sogging snow, no problems.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

svillalobos

Lil-Rokslider
I’m happy to say that I’ve had my crispi Summits GTX and Briksdal GTX for 2 years now and have been a solid boot with few complaints. With many many miles on them they have kept my feet dry with no leaking issues. One issue I’ve had is my feet getting cold with the briksdal boot even though these are insulated boots.