Crossover Symmetry for shoulder health and strength

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
As I've started to age, my knees, back, and shoulders have started showing signs of wear and tear. Ive tried to keep my back strong and take care of my knees but didnt really know what to do to keep my shoulders in good health. Strength training helps but it created some issues on its own with my shoulders (strict press, push press, overhead squats) my shoulders felt strong but i had some form of pain at almost all times. I was turned on to crossover symmetry by the crossfit community. I bought a set of my own and have owned them for a few years now. doing some exercises with this system a few times a week and as a warm up before a workout has totally changed my overall shoulder health. Im a bow hunter so this is extremely noticeable and helpful for my lifestyle. I wanted to share this with the rokslide community to hopefully help a person or two who might be in the same boat i was in.
fitness-1080.jpg

LostArra

WKR
Silver Alert-old guy here.
I've been doing Crossover Symmetry for a few years. I struggle with some of the exercises range of motion due to past shoulder surgery/arthritis but it has been a game changer for my archery. I also do barbell training (Starting Strength) but the Crossover Symmetry works wonders on the small rotator cuff muscles. First few times I did the program I was so sore I couldn't brush my teeth.

TripleJ

WKR
It’s definitely an amazing tool for shoulder health. I do it every time I go to the gym now, either as part of my warm up or my cool down.

Scrubbuck

FNG
I second the crossover symmetry. I got them when I realized that my copay at PT would pay for them in 3 sessions. Its nice to have them attached to the home squat rack and use as a upper body warmup. I do feel like the band pull aparts are just as effective though if not more for me. I use the same red color band as in the video above and have 1 at home and 1 at work. I use them throughout the day at work and that consistency has greatly improved shoulder health.

If this is your photo, then you are in great shape! Staying in shape at this age is very important and you should do it more often. As you said, different pains come up as you age and that is not something that gives you pleasure, I’m sure of that. A healthy lifestyle is a good decision if you want to live longer. Supplements like https://femadata.com/nervexol-review/ are welcomed, too, if you want to stay healthy. I know that because I’ve tried some (along with exercises) and their effect can be easily felt. All in all, we live such a short life and I want to make the most of it, enjoy all of it and age well.

Last edited:

Chilax_1

FNG
Thanks for the info. I have been struggling with shoulder pain from an old injury. This looks like it could be helpful in keeping the mobility and strength built up

LostArra

WKR
So what is the total investment in this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You can find the exercises online and YouTube for free.
I got my resistance cords here

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Lastnline75

Lil-Rokslider
Thats what i was wondering. Right shoulder has been giving me trouble at night after work. Think i will pick these up and give this a try. Thanks.
You can find the exercises online and YouTube for free.
I got my resistance cords here

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Swan

FNG
I just came across these cords and was thinking that picking some up would be a smart move for an aging bow hunter. Nice to confirm that thought with these reviews.

LostArra

WKR
Thanks for the info. I have been struggling with shoulder pain from an old injury. This looks like it could be helpful in keeping the mobility and strength built up

Warning: the first few times I did the full cycle of exercises even with extremely light bands I was pretty sore. The exercises are not physically demanding except for some range of motion for my bad shoulder but they isolate very small muscles in the shoulder.

slivver71

FNG
Man, this is some great info here! I've had shoulder issues for 30+ years from powerlifting, from high school through the military and into my early 30's. The heavier the better was the goal then. Gonna definitely look into this.