Crowd Sourced Optics Comparison (CO area) ***Updated 3/9/24***

Silky smooth, 4.5oz, easily stabilized a 88mm spotter, on sale right now on GoHunt.
Moving from the Suriu VA5 to the LP was a huge weight savings for me. Actually think it’s smoother for lighter optics. I do have a hard time balancing the heavier spotters though.

work765

WKR
Moving from the Suriu VA5 to the LP was a huge weight savings for me. Actually think it’s smoother for lighter optics. I do have a hard time balancing the heavier spotters though.

You think the LP is smoother than the Va5 with a standard pair of binos?

I’ve had the VA5 for years, but the LP looks interesting, if it’s just as smooth or smoother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You think the LP is smoother than the Va5 with a standard pair of binos?

I’ve had the VA5 for years, but the LP looks interesting, if it’s just as smooth or smoother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my very unprofessional opinion, yes. I found it smoother, easier to pan with, and lock in place. It also seems to work well with mounting my XLR chassis for shooting.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Wait. That was the mini CF handle tripod head???

Dang I thought it was outsdoorsmans on the fancy RRS.

I may need one too!

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
In my very unprofessional opinion, yes. I found it smoother, easier to pan with, and lock in place. It also seems to work well with mounting my XLR chassis for shooting.
I had a VA5 out there….they all left it in the box. So sad.

Edit. Just checked. VA5 is fluid head vs not with tricer. Something to consider.

The only thing I don't like about the Tricer LP is that it isn't a QD lever. I prefer a lever release to the knob. I will take the weight penalty for a lever. That is why I offered it up for sale. This is obviously just my preference.

ShakeDown

WKR
Also bought 3 of the little Tricer arca plates from the GoHunt sale, pretty slick set up that should shave off almost a pound from my VA5 set up.

bdloftin

FNG
With a heavy scope, the Triper LP is fairly smooth. But if you’re looking at a decent angle upward or downward, you have to crank the vertical axis handle fairly tightly so the scope won’t tip.

Felton

WKR
I’m curious how many of you guys after going to this and trying all the optics are switching optics now?