Custom Strings??

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
I can't be certain as to what it is (if anything) but the string material in and of itself is already pretty good in the weather. Anytime you add "extreme" to anything it is more of a marketing ploy.

OP
kamcgraw

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
Whatever it is, it must make their strings worth $140! But I'll side with you and agree that it's probably a marketing ploy.

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
They have ALOT more overhead than me, if they weren't putting out a decent product they wouldn't be in business anymore so I don't want people to think I am ripping on them. That $140 has to cover salaries, all their machines and advertising etc. so they have to market appropriately.

Matt Palmquist

Lil-Rokslider
I switch mine out. I have been running Vaportrail Strings/Cables for several years and have had great luck. I think there are lots of good options out there these days.

Matt

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are many many aftermarket options in strings now-a-days. I was ablw to tour the America's Best Bowstrings factory and must say I am very impressed with their attention to detail and quality control! I have been using their strings since 2007 and never have had a problem. They also stand behind their product 110%! There is a lot to say about a company that will support you no matter what! ABB is my choice by far!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use to shoot only winners but now with all the "new" materials I've tried a couple independent makers with excellent results. Garrett I'll keep you in mind on my next set

There are many many aftermarket options in strings now-a-days. I was ablw to tour the America's Best Bowstrings factory and must say I am very impressed with their attention to detail and quality control! I have been using their strings since 2007 and never have had a problem. They also stand behind their product 110%! There is a lot to say about a company that will support you no matter what! ABB is my choice by far!

SECONDED!! I deal with ABB on a DAILY basis ordering string sets for my customers. Proud to run ABBs on ALL my bows!

trk3263

WKR
Just pulled the trigger on a Bluff Country Bowstring Set. I have read a bunch of GREAT reviews on AT about his work so can't wait for it to get here.

jmez

WKR
I always change mine. Last decent set of factory strings I had was when Bowtech was using Winners Choice. That was quite a while ago. Been using either Vapor Trail or Winners Choice. Have not been happy with either of those the last couple sets. May give Bluff Country a try as I'll be replacing mine soon.

c5mrr270

WKR
I usually change my strings out. Winners choice are decent but you can find better strings for less money.

Huge fan of Korbins...!!
I noticed Roksliders haven't mentioned Korbin but Bowsiters rage about Korbins....

Best I have used.

jmez

WKR
Last set of Winners Choice I had serving separated where the string comes off the cam and also the center serving did not hold up at all. Had some issue with length on VT's, serving separation and creep.

dotman

WKR
Usually the first thing I do. The stock strings then become back-ups in the event they are needed.

Parkinson's Precision Bowstrings is where I get mine, best strings I have shot and I used to shoot nothing but Winners Choice. Great guy to deal with as well.

X2...have a set of his 8190 strings just sitting here, need to get them installed.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
I run factory strings for about 500 shots to get them settled in and worn so that IF I HAVE TO make a quick switch during season I am ready. I ran Winners Choice last year for the 8190X material but since Americas Best is using it I will be back over with them (OUT OF OHIO).

Good to know I'm not the only one that actually breaks in stock strings before replacement.

I change them out right away. I have used Winner's Choice for the last 3 years, but the last set didn't hold up well. I switched to ProLine and so far I love their strings. Much cheaper than WC. Even as a dealer, WC is more expensive than alot of custom makers, and not any better, in my opinion.

Slim Jim

WKR
All these string choices is making me crazy. I was going to pull the trigger on WC this week but after reading everything you guys are posting, I'm beginning to second guess my decision