Cutthroat broadhead?

Coltmag45

FNG
I use Montec g5 broadheads and like them but I’m looking at the cutthroat broadheds. Has anyone used the cutthroat and if so do you suggest it or what are the benefits. I know that they are a single bevel and easy to sharpen but they cost way more.

I shoot the 3 blade. Killed a pig with it so far. As far as the broad head goes, it’s made of high quality steel. The pig I shot went about 15 yards at the max. It was impressive. The difference in cost is due to the materials used. A cutthroat can be resharpened and reused on many animals unless you hit a rock or something.

I've been shooting 150 gr 2-blade Cutthroats (standard steel version, not S7) for the past 5 years. Every animal I've shot with them died quickly, and the heads survived in good shape. Some heads sustained minor edge damage after passing through and landing in the dirt but nothing I couldn't smooth out with a stone. Be aware that the bare (not oxide coated) edges will rust, so it's a good idea to keep the edges coated in a thin layer of oil.

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
I use Montec g5 broadheads and like them but I’m looking at the cutthroat broadheds. Has anyone used the cutthroat and if so do you suggest it or what are the benefits. I know that they are a single bevel and easy to sharpen but they cost way more.

The three blades will work with any vane orientation. They can get fairly sharp with little effort.

The two blades are indeed single bevel and can get honed easily to be sharper than a scalpel. They are also the easy button for broadhead tuning.

All of the cutthroat Broadheads have a lifetime warranty.

Austink47

WKR
I have used the single and three blade. They fly good, are plenty sharp, and kill like you would expect them to but, to me the biggest selling point is that they are super tough. As long as I can find them I know I can shoot it again and I don’t worry about failure if I hit a bone. I am willing to spend a little extra to buy good gear from good guys.

dlee56

WKR
Killed a bull with a 200gr 3 blade a couple years ago, did great out of my 50lb recurve, died in sight 30yds away

I have shot and killed a couple things with the SB, not that easy to sharpen imo, I think I would get the 3 blade for that purpose alone, great head though.

Ive been shooting the 125 grain 3 blade, killed a pig and a bear so far both with the same head. Very impressive head and great guys to email questions to.

TX_Diver

WKR
I shot a bull frontal this year w/ a 100gr 3 blade cutthroat and it went all the way through the body cavity and out his belly (I was slightly above him). Almost 4' of penetration and the arrow was stuck about 16" in the ground after coming out of him. They fly well for me and are easy to sharpen (once you get the hang of it). Sample size of one but I'm a fan and will keep shooting them.