CVA paramount

I've been seriously considering this gun. Anyone had experience with it ? Positives ? Negatives? Fairly new but it looks promising.

ENCORE

WKR
I've never been a CVA fan...…. but...…… CVA has changed my whole attitude about their muzzleloaders with the Paramount.

The one mistake, IMO, that CVA made with the Paramount is the ignition system. They used a known leaking ignition system that has plagued others in the past with gas leaking.
However, Arrowhead Rifles has developed a perfect after market breech plug which uses modules. It won't leak, won't need replacement from gas cutting, or flash hole enlargement. It is also capable of handling heavy charges of BH209, like the rifle should.

Other than the ignition system, which can be replaced, CVA hit the nail on the head with the Paramount for a production muzzleloader. There are many great long range targets shot with the rifle, and many game animals taken with it. Did I say already that CVA changed my mind with the Paramount?

I would, even before shooting it, replace the ignition system first off.

OP
Wyatt.Carter
I've never been a CVA fan...…. but...…… CVA has changed my whole attitude about their muzzleloaders with the Paramount.

The one mistake, IMO, that CVA made with the Paramount is the ignition system. They used a known leaking ignition system that has plagued others in the past with gas leaking.
However, Arrowhead Rifles has developed a perfect after market breech plug which uses modules. It won't leak, won't need replacement from gas cutting, or flash hole enlargement. It is also capable of handling heavy charges of BH209, like the rifle should.

Other than the ignition system, which can be replaced, CVA hit the nail on the head with the Paramount for a production muzzleloader. There are many great long range targets shot with the rifle, and many game animals taken with it. Did I say already that CVA changed my mind with the Paramount?

I would, even before shooting it, replace the ignition system first off.
If I'm reading this correctly, the arrowhead breech plug is built to be put into the paramount? This is super useful info and I appreciate your insight!

JAD915

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome! I didn't realize there was a way to correct that issue. Glad I stumbled upon this. Paramount is a great gun!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else have the new Paramount and want to comment on how it shoots?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk