D Loop Longevity

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
I treat it as preventative maintenance kinda like on a truck. Every 3 months I replace even in good condition. As well as a look over my bow

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I'd guess that with the releases I have, they don't seem to wear them very bad, they'd last the life of the string set if I could leave well enough alone. But I am a tinkerer and usually end up changing them about twice a year because I change arrows and/or nocks and need to redo them to ensure there's no nock pinch.

Jack84

FNG
Classified Approved
I’ve broke one before and punched myself in the face. Ever since then if it starts wearing much I’ll change it out.

cjdewese

WKR
Only time I have had an issue is when I develop some sort of Burr on my release.

Punched myself in the face 1 time, now I check and polish my release anytime I see any sort of Fraying.

I can say, usually there is something causing it to fray if your D-Loop looks compromised at all.

JRB7

FNG
My BCY 24 loop broke in the center while on the draw board this year. Glad I had the safety loop around the string as well. Switched to BCY 23 to see if it preforms any better.

rclouse79

WKR
I never want to touch anything after my bow is tuned, but my d-loop was starting to look sketchy on my antelope hunt. They seem to last long enough with my hinge release that I gave to watch YouTube videos for a refresher course. I thought the Dudley video was good.

My buddy replaces his every week. But he's ocd w/ his archery gear.

I'm replacing mine every 6-700 shots. Just like changing your trucks oil

broeske7

FNG
Takes about 30 seconds to tie on a new one on. Learned the hard way once. “I can get at least another 10 shots” Is an easy way to get a fat lip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Anyone ever have a d loop break out the middle from too much use? Not the d loop becoming unattached but just breaking where it is compressed by release.

I never have but noticed mine is being compressed a bit. Has been on for four years.
I did a couple of years ago. It started to fray first but was still “stiff” in the middle. Finally it started to feel “soft” in the middle and broke at half draw. I learned a lot going through the process.

S.Clancy

WKR
I replace prob 3 or so times a yr. Make sure I replace right before season no matter what so I have a fresh one on