Day hike over the weekend

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got out on a little hike (6.2 miles) to test some clothing & backpack stuff on Saturday. It was my first time in this area and although its not a area I will be hunting it was still a good test run!

Becca

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics, looks like a gorgeous area! What gear were you testing, and how'd it work for ya?

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its amazing up there, Its in the foothills of Mt Rainier, I am lucky enough to live really close to it. I was testing out my Eberlestock Dragonfly pack, Core4Element pants and Danner Pronghorn boots. All worked awesome!

dreamingbig

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I haven't been able to make it out yet to the backcountry of WA this year but I have the first trip scheduled for early July.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dreamingbig where are you planning on going? I have several more planned but still waiting on the snow to melt in my hunting areas!

dreamingbig

A couple trips into WOD wilderness and two into Norse Peak wilderness. I want to do Hwy 90 to Hwy 2 on the PCT but probably can't squeeze that in this year.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ah very nice, I actually was in the Norse Peak this weekend on that hike. PCT would be awesome, I have never been to it. Definitely on the list though.