Dead Air Nomad-Ti Too Shiny?

Sevens

WKR
For those that have a Nomad-Ti, do you find it too shiny when out hunting? Wondering if I was to get one for backpack hunts if cerakoting it would be preferable over the blasted OEM finish.

gabenzeke

WKR
I have one in jail and hadn't thought of this. Now I'm wondering if I'll need to get it coated?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

timstl

FNG
I was considering buying one but ultimately went a different route. This was a concern of mine, though, because it sure looks like it could be an issue.

I think coating it would void the lifetime warranty. A suppressor cover would be easier (and cheaper?), although you're adding a few ounces and the front of the suppressor could still flash.

timstl

FNG
Any MFG that will void the warranty due to Cerakote should be avoided. All of mine are Cerakoted from the factory.
I should clarify that I don't know for sure that it voids the warranty. That'd be a question for Dead Air. But their warranty does broadly mention 'modified' as being repairable at the customers' expense, so I'd personally double check with them if I was going to coat one.

slowelk

WKR
just put a cover on it, or spray paint it. I agree with @WeiserBucks that a professional or an at-home paint job should not void any warranty.

CJF

WKR
I have a buddy with one. I wouldn’t think twice about hunting with it bare. Just my opinion though.

rayporter

WKR
not exactly on topic but close.

one year elk hunting my bud went south out of camp and i went east.
about lunch time i seen a flash through the trees way out front of me. soon another flash and it was not long until my pard appeared in the trees. i seen his stainless barrel a long way off. would it bother game?

fatbacks

WKR
My Nomad Ti was not too shiny for several deer and and goats on Kodiak over the past year.

It is a really flat silver that doesn't reflect any light. I would liken it to a non shiny stainless barrel similar to what a factory Tikka would have.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
My Nomad Ti was not too shiny for several deer and and goats on Kodiak over the past year.

It is a really flat silver that doesn't reflect any light. I would liken it to a non shiny stainless barrel similar to what a factory Tikka would have.
Even still, titanium is pretty grey, if there’s any sheen someone doesn’t like could just bead blast it, wouldn’t think a coating is necessary unless you’re just into that

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Just buy a cover from Cole-tac or Armageddon Gear. Problem solved. I do have a Nomad LT and run the cover on mine when hunting. But I don't think I'd have any issue hunting without it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk