Dead Air Nomad vs Harvester Evo

Ready to buy a can for my hunting rifles. The two main rifles I’ll be using it on are my AR platform .223 and my 300wm. Kinda got it down between the dead air nomad 30 and the SiCo harvester evo. Is the nomad worth the extra weight and the extra $250? Any other options I haven’t thought of in a similar price range? Probably would’ve gone with the harvester already but it’s currently out of stock.

wesfromky

WKR
Might check out otter creek hydrogen.

The Nomads don't seem to be as impacted, but Dead Air has been having some customer support issues lately due to a bunch of Sierra cans failing. Seems like they have maybe caught up now, but the way the have handled it hasn't been great. My two DA cans have been fine, but I did go OCL vs DA for my latest couple.

Unckebob

WKR
I have both. I like both. The Evo is the better deal.

With a direct thread adapter, they are basically the same weight.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I have the nomad, harvester is jailed. I think the nomad is great looking forward to the harvester as well!

OP
Flatlander23
Thanks for the feedback y’all. Went with the harvester evo. It’s only 1.2 oz heavier than the nomad ti and a much better price. If anyone wants my feedback in 6-8 months give me a holler

I’m about to sign up for an Evo as well. It seems like the best value for weight/length/suppression out there that I can find.

I see that I'm a little late here, but Yankee Hill Machine seems to kinda fly under the radar. I've had the Resonator for going on 4 years now. It's ate everything that I could physically shoot through it. It just keeps working and working well.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. YHM isn't 'cool' here but is rock solid and very quiet. Evo is listed at 10.8 oz but that is without mount. My R2 is 15 oz with direct thread and built like a tank, which is a oz or two more than the EVO with a mount. It also doesn't come with a lead projectile warning as the EVO does. Don't believe me, look at their website.

I agree. YHM isn't 'cool' here but is rock solid and very quiet. Evo is listed at 10.8 oz but that is without mount. My R2 is 15 oz with direct thread and built like a tank, which is a oz or two more than the EVO with a mount. It also doesn't come with a lead projectile warning as the EVO does. Don't believe me, look at their website.
It's not a good idea to shoot exposed lead through any sealed can due to the fouling. I believe the R2 is a sealed can so the same goes for it. Most rifle ammo these days is jacketed anyway so its a non-issue for the most part.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
It's not a good idea to shoot exposed lead through any sealed can due to the fouling. I believe the R2 is a sealed can so the same goes for it. Most rifle ammo these days is jacketed anyway so its a non-issue for the most part.
I went back and re-read their warning..."Lead projectiles are not recommended for use with any of our sealed suppressors". I didn't read this as having anything to do with exposed lead. Most traditional cup and core bullets have exposed tips and some like the Partition are exposed on both ends. Possibly this means non-jacketed bullets? I found the note surprising when double checking the weight.

I went back and re-read their warning..."Lead projectiles are not recommended for use with any of our sealed suppressors". I didn't read this as having anything to do with exposed lead. Most traditional cup and core bullets have exposed tips and some like the Partition are exposed on both ends. Possibly this means non-jacketed bullets? I found the note surprising when double checking the weight.
Yeah that's the way I understand it. Supposedly subsonics with gas checks leave minimal to no fouling. I assume that the exposed tip on cup and cores aren't an issue due to the minimal surface area and whatnot but maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in here. Cast lead is definitely out though. I've heard mixed reviews about using coated bullets i.e. Hi-Tek/powdercoat.