Death Hike in Southeast?

Not to hijack the thread, but i backpack into the wilderness up that way during the opening week of archery to chase blackbear. i usually use this hunt to test all my gear and adjust packing lists before i head out west to chase mule deer. If anyone would be interested in going up for that give me a shout.

Not to hijack the thread, but i backpack into the wilderness up that way during the opening week of archery to chase blackbear. i usually use this hunt to test all my gear and adjust packing lists before i head out west to chase mule deer. If anyone would be interested in going up for that give me a shout.
I would definitely be interested in this.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
You all name the place and time. Always desired to kill a black bear with a bow. Have you seen the videos online of those guys shooting the bears around North Georgia out of white oak trees with bows. Would live to do that. Apparently the bears go up and eat the acorns like a squirrel. Lol.

It is open year round with all the trails and the lake up there. I seen several bears last year but all the ones big enough were out of range.

You all name the place and time. Always desired to kill a black bear with a bow. Have you seen the videos online of those guys shooting the bears around North Georgia out of white oak trees with bows. Would live to do that. Apparently the bears go up and eat the acorns like a squirrel. Lol.
Last year as I hiked in, I saw a really nice 200-ish lb bear (of course the day before season) and came across a really large sow with cubs up in a white oak like that. Its pretty amazing to see an animal that large splayed out on a limb 45' up in a tree.

dihardhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Cohutta is a good choice in the SE for a death hike. Our little crew has a ridiculous story of one man nearly left for dead back in 2012 on a similar trip to the wilderness. Don't underestimate that place.

Last year as I hiked in, I saw a really nice 200-ish lb bear (of course the day before season) and came across a really large sow with cubs up in a white oak like that. Its pretty amazing to see an animal that large splayed out on a limb 45' up in a tree.
I’ve seen several in there. The biggest being about 200. I’ve never done a true backpack hunt and am pretty excited to experience it. I’ve started training so hopefully it won’t kill me up there. The wilderness always have ways of humbling you though.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
The wilderness always have ways of humbling you though.
Man that is right. Don't underestimate it because the low elevation in comparison to the Rocky mountains. The going is a fight in there. You are constantly going over, under, around, or through blow down.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Few years ago me and my boys started at Rice camp, to jack river falls, up hickory ridge, and down east cow pen. Took us roughly 7 hours but we lollygagged alot. It was roughly 10.8 miles. It was during deer season so it was kill, deer, bear, or hog trip. Lots of hikers everywhere had the animals pushed off trails.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Could start at terra britches to hickory creek to Rice camp to jack river that is about 12.5 miles lunch then come back via rough ridge, at sugar creek off trail to panther creek then back up terra britches that is roughly 13.5 miles.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Could start at terra britches to hickory creek to Rice camp to jack river that is about 12.5 miles lunch then come back via rough ridge, at sugar creek off trail to panther creek then back up terra britches that is roughly 13.5 miles.
26 miles in one day? that would be the death hike. hope the trails are in better shape than Chestatee. there 1 mile is closer to 2 because of all the zig zagging to maneuver around the blow down.