Defiance anTi x - owner scope mounting experience

Looking at the defiance AnTi X LA for a build. I’ve heard people having issues with the bolt handle hitting the scope. This will be a LW LR build with something like a leupold mark5, NF nx8, Zeiss v6, maven rs5 etc in either Hawkins med or high depending on scope. I don’t want issues and will also want to run caps. I’m hesitant to order the anTI X because of this. I’m leaning towards the bat vampire as I know I won’t have any issues with clearance or getting proper eye reliefs as it has more mounting locations. Thanks

The only issue I had with mine was trying to mount an ultra short march fx 4.5-28 with talley rings, I had to use a pic rail cuz it was too short

I have two anti X in short actions, not longs. To give you an idea on ring height with caps:

I have one with a mark 5 3-18x44 in Hawkins lows and wearing the MKM machine flip caps. Then a Nightforce 2.5-20x50 with the Nightforce caps mounted in Nightforce mediums.

I also have defiance ultralight (milled bases like the anti X) wearing a 2.5-10 NXS and MKM machine caps, mounted in seekins low rings...with no issues.

I could see the shorty scopes being an issue with eye relief with the split milled pic rail...I just can’t tell you for sure. A solid full rail will be a safer bet if you are looking at the short mark5 or NF NX8 2.5-20. The 5-25 or 4-32 would probably be perfectly fine.

Decker9

WKR
I have issues with my anti and vx5 in medium talley’s, I can’t cycle my bolt with my scope coat on.

Defiance has been helping guys out with a bolt swap I hear, might be worth emailing in to see.

OP
O
Thanks everyone for the reply’s so far. I sent an email into defiance but haven’t heard back…

PRC_GUY

WKR
I do have the defiance AntiX and my hand always hit the scope when I lift the bolt knob. In order to get rid of that problem, I order another bolt knob from defiance, the new one 1/4 in longer . I am glad , I am not the only one who have problem with that bolt knob.

SDHNTR

WKR
I have issues with my anti and vx5 in medium talley’s, I can’t cycle my bolt with my scope coat on.

Defiance has been helping guys out with a bolt swap I hear, might be worth emailing in to see.
I fail to see how this is a problem. You shoot with your scope coat on?

OP
O
I fail to see how this is a problem. You shoot with your scope coat
I actually can see the concern/issue. I do not hunt with a round chambered. I use scope coats on all my rifles. There are times when I will chamber a round when close to an animal before I take off my scope coat when it’s raining, snowing, etc. yes it’s rare especially for me as I tend to hunt more open LR style areas but it actually happened twice this year on different hunts

SDHNTR

WKR
I have an Anti XM with a Swaro Z6 in Talley lightweights. It’s close to the scope but doesn’t touch. I cycle the bolt open handed and there’s no issue.

SDHNTR

WKR
I actually can see the concern/issue. I do not hunt with a round chambered. I use scope coats on all my rifles. There are times when I will chamber a round when close to an animal before I take off my scope coat when it’s raining, snowing, etc. yes it’s rare especially for me as I tend to hunt more open LR style areas but it actually happened twice this year on different hunts
Ok, I stand corrected. I could see that happening on rare occasion.

OP
O
I have an Anti XM with a Swaro Z6 in Talley lightweights. It’s close to the scope but doesn’t touch. I cycle the bolt open handed and there’s no issue.
Thanks, that is actually kinda my fear. I would probably be fine. But my wife, dad, mom, friends will be shooting this as well from time to time. I want them to be able to run the bolt like any other rifle they are behind. I don’t need to cause any other concern awkwardness that could come into play on a dreaded follow up shot etc.

Decker9

WKR
I fail to see how this is a problem. You shoot with your scope coat on?

More of a reference to how close it actually is. Certainly a problem for certain shooting situations.

I much prefer the feel of the deviant action personally. The anti gall and swept bolt handle is a big benefit imo, but came in 7-8 ounces heavier then my anti

60FEEF05-A3C7-40D8-A6B9-74CE960B81FC.jpeg

Last edited:
One thing not covered yet is that eye relief and how far back your scope is Mounted can also affect this situation.
Scopes like the VX5/VX6 have a very short tube and mounting them can create problems like this also.

PRC_GUY

WKR

Buy another bolt knob, it is 1/4 in longer and you do worry about your hand being hit when you lift the bolt knob.

OP
O
Buy another bolt knob, it is 1/4 in longer and you do worry about your hand being hit when you lift the bolt knob.
Although it still appears the bolt will be very close and hit his caps. I want to love the anTi but this may have convinced me to spend more $ on the bat