Deleted thread on WSO outfitter review.

KHNC

WKR
Why was the thread deleted? I guess i need to stay on rokslide over the weekend to keep up. I assume its because the OP was shown to be exaggerating a bit?

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
Dang missed the dumpster fire. Oh well….
The surprising twist was the outfitter coming on and providing proof that the op was lying about most everything. Dude got a pretty great hunt at a bargain rate, even bringing a tag for an extra species not originally booked and paid for, and they didn't bat an eye.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
The surprising twist was the outfitter coming on and providing proof that the op was lying about most everything. Dude got a pretty great hunt at a bargain rate, even bringing a tag for an extra species not originally booked and paid for, and they didn't bat an eye.
Well, this is what i was hoping had happened. I dont understand why it was deleted. 1000's of eyeballs got to see his outright lie of a review, and then once WSO replied it was deleted. I dont get it. Why not just lock it and leave it. I didnt see the reply from WSO ,but the email i got from them seemed like a legit operation to me.

Laramie

WKR
I didn't get to see the response but I was guessing that was the case. Did the OP ever get back on the thread or just the one post?

What proof was provided?

I was bullshitting just a smidge to get a good reaction from @KHNC

But yes, somebody sent the write up and the pics to the actual Outfitter and he responded. The guy shot a raghorn in an OTC area and was literally given a mule deer hunt since he drew the tag and failed to mention it until he just showed up. He paid $7500 (cost of an elk hunt) and got a buck too. Outfitter attached the agreement.

So all in all, the court of public opinion thought that it wasn’t too bad of a deal for a guy with little to no experience getting a 2 for 1.

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
What proof was provided?
Copy of the contract, pics of the animals he killed, statements of other accommodations offered by outfitter but declined by the poster, outfitter had a walk in cooler to hang the quarters gave poster info on processors in the area he could use, and a few other things I can't remember specifically that seemed pretty redeeming for the outfitter IMO

1jeds

FNG
Well, this is what i was hoping had happened. I dont understand why it was deleted. 1000's of eyeballs got to see his outright lie of a review, and then once WSO replied it was deleted. I dont get it. Why not just lock it and leave it. I didnt see the reply from WSO ,but the email i got from them seemed like a legit operation to me.

I would assume it's better to get it deleted, so down the road if someone searches the outfitter name, that thread title doesn't pop up saying they are a bad operation. A lot of folks will just look at the title or original post and not through the entire thread to see the outcome.

What irks me the most is that it seems with anything posted to social media/the internet these days, you are guilty until proven innocent. If the outfitter wasn't informed or aware of that post, it would have cost them business. It was good to see the responses from a lot of people here though who didn't take it at face value and asked questions.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
I was bullshitting just a smidge to get a good reaction from @KHNC

But yes, somebody sent the write up and the pics to the actual Outfitter and he responded. The guy shot a raghorn in an OTC area and was literally given a mule deer hunt since he drew the tag and failed to mention it until he just showed up. He paid $7500 (cost of an elk hunt) and got a buck too. Outfitter attached the agreement.

So all in all, the court of public opinion thought that it wasn’t too bad of a deal for a guy with little to no experience getting a 2 for 1.
Just to be fair, and to show im a decent guy, I sent the outfitter a link to the thread. I explained they may want to check it out and reply. They replied to me almost immediately and sent me pics and a copy of his contract. Names and faces were blacked out of course. Pretty obvious the guy was lying about the review.

To my knowledge, the guy never logged back in after his initial post. No need for Rokslide to be a bulletin board for any random disgruntled dude.
I’m clairvoyant… I am sensing that he will not post anything for quite some time. Until. Until. YES. Yes, he will draw a tag somewhere. Then he’s going to reach out and post again.

Yep. He will ask everyone what bino and layering system y’all are “runnin”. And even though he’s not asking for honey holes, he’d like GPS coordinates in WGS84, degree decimals to glassing locations and a good camping spot.