Delorme in reach

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
Battery life is amazing on these. Mine averages about 20% battery usage a day. And i mean a full hunting day. I found it best to clip it to the outside of the pack, or a small pouch that lets the antenna stick out.

colonel00

WKR
For those that are describing their experiences with battery life and such, can you add a little more detail about how you are typically using the unit and if you have the tracking feature on or anything else? I think that would help paint a clearer picture of how the battery holds up depending on usage. One person could say they can get two weeks out of a charge but they may only turn it on once a day to send a message where another person may burn through the battery in 3 days because they use it all the time. Just a suggestion.

PJG

WKR
I have to older unit that runs on AA's. I haven't changed the batteries since I bought it last August. I only turn it on to send the prescribed messages that I have setup. They are currently, 1) Checking in, everything is fine, 2)Please send someone to help pack out, and 3) I am hurt and need help. 3 is different than the SOS function. The SOS function is really a life or death function, I hope I never have to use it. I only turn the unit on long enough to send one of these messasges and to check to see if I have recieved any. This maybe takes 5 minutes, maybe a little longer, maybe a little shorter. I have never used the tracking function, and have never really felt the need to. I really use this for peace of mind more than anything. I am not sure how many total messages I have sent, or how many I have received. But, I feel the battery life has been really good so far. Maybe if I was to leave it on longer I would end up changing my mind on this.

TXCO

WKR
Im looking at buying the new one. My old one ran great on 10 minute intervals and would generally outlast my phone with quality batteries. Be careful on the service plans though- never run on 10 minute tracking without unlimited track points (super cheap option). It'll cost you a lot in the end.

Im excited they have month by month options now too.

colonel00

WKR
Anyone had any success getting any sort of trial out of Delorme? I would like to try out the SE for a day or two but I don't really need service until August. Right now, I can't even do anything with the unit as it prompts for activation before it lets you do anything else. I sent their customer service an email but have yet to hear back.