Denver area shed hunting

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guys, bear with me...

I'm from MN and have never been to the mountains, my sister is getting married in the Denver area the first week in June and my wife and I will be coming down for the wedding. I would like to do some shed hunting while we are there preferably for Elk but deer would work too...

elk hunting has been my dream for a long time but with how expensive the equipment is and how different it is from hunting Minnesota I won't be able to make it out for a few years. Finding an elk shed or two would be awesome!

A few questions:

1 how far of a drive would it be from the Denver area to get to some place I would even have a chance finding sheds?

2 if I can't make it till June what's the chance of finding any sheds even remotely close to any roads? I'm willing to walk to find them but I'll likely have my wife with me and I'm not sure she will want to hike in miles and miles. another concern is how many of them will be picked up by then?

Any other tips would be great. if anyone has any locations that would be worth trying please send them to me in a private message, I know asking for this specific of information regarding hunting would be strongly frowned upon, and if that is the case with shed hunting to I apologize, but if anyone is willing to help me out I would be super appreciative!

Thanks for your time.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don’t know Denver or Colorado but with the excitement of shed hunting these days not likely to find one close to a road. That being said if any access to private land you may not have to hike far. Good luck👍

^^^ use the hunting atlas. It'll show you dang near anywhere in the state where shed are likely to be. Whether they'll still be there by the time you get there is another story. Good luck!