Didn’t draw WY advice on CO archery OTC

Ajkbruin

FNG
Thought for sure I would draw a type 2 tag but No luck. Im looking at CO archery and wanted some opinions on how doable it is on public ground. I live in CT so scouting isn’t really an option. I’ll be living in Denver from August to November so I’m trying to get in as much hunting as I can. Might never get the chance again. Thanks guys

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not much help but going to be tagging in to see everyones opinion on this. Because of my chosen profession I can't archery hunt my home state much. This year harvest seems to be being pushed a little late and I think I might be able to get a few days in on the OTC antelope hunt since it starts so early. Good luck on your hunt

Bigjay73

Lil-Rokslider
OTC isn't easy, but doable. The units open to OTC dont have a lot of public, so what is public gets hit pretty hard. If you can hunt midweek, you'll have the place to yourself after the first week. Give it a shot. The public areas dont have a ton of lopes, but there's decent numbers out there. Be warned though, you're going to find that most of the lopes are in the flattest terrain I've ever seen. Spot and stalk can be a huge challenge. Get onx, public is spotty and in chunks that's not marked.