Diy dark energy Poseidon battery pack

OP
Z
Just an update. This is still working just fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
Wrap some black rubber bands... err, I mean ranger bands around it, for extra shock-proofneess and tactical fire starting material!

tdhanses

WKR
Awesome, haha. My ankers are on year 3 and 4, guess I’m not getting my $30 investment out of them vs a $100 for half the power. I’ll skip the duct tape but damn good idea on the sticker!!! Maybe a FL and Kifaru sticker to tell mine apart, lol.

OP
Z
Awesome, haha. My ankers are on year 3 and 4, guess I’m not getting my $30 investment out of them vs a $100 for half the power. I’ll skip the duct tape but damn good idea on the sticker!!! Maybe a FL and Kifaru sticker to tell mine apart, lol.
The stickers give them more power. It's science.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tumble

FNG
Are the internals of the Dark energy any different than an Anker? Or is the Dark Energy just a dressed up unit? I have used a cheap Radio Shack unit for several years and it has been more than adequate...

As someone else said- if the Anker fails because of a fall, water or something else than whatever electronics I am carrying are likely toast as well.

In the end I went with the Anker because of the higher capacity- Starting to take my son more often which necessitates checking in with mom more often hence more battery power required... If the new Anker I bought fails then I will probably try a Dark Energy. Headed out towards the end of June for 5-6 days and will report back on how the Anker does...

The Dark Energy unit is built to withstand harsh environments and shock and vibe. The device is IP68 rated (6 - Protection from contact with harmful dust, 8 - Protected from immersion in water with a depth of more than 1 meter (manufacturer must specify exact depth)) and MIL-810G for Transit Drop and Test. If you are going to be using it in situations like this you can expect it would be able to survive it. Otherwise there are higher capacity units with less reliability. It can be a trade off decision or a great opportunity to add your own DIY features :)