DIY individual MTN OPs packets

Tbuckus

WKR
Any good ideas for making your own single serving packets for your bulk water additives? (i.e. Ignite, energy and focus, BCAA, etc.)
I usually buy cans of different supplements and will take them when I am camping out of a truck. But I’m backpacking in this time and need to lighten/streamline everything.

Has someone found a leakproof option to buying it already in individual packets?
I did grab the little plastic bag that my mouth calls come in and I’ll get a few packets made from them.

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
I throw them in tiny snack ziplocks and have each days worth of food, supplements, drinks, etc in a gallon bag. Haven’t had any big spills or anything.

You could make small vacuum sealer bags if you have one. But time consuming.
Just scoop your daily serving into a zip lock is the best really.

If you’re anywhere near a Container Store they sell ziplocks of all sizes, and a bunch of small sized ones. They work great for me and weigh nothing. I’d imagine Amazon sells them too. Great for organizing the small stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dguns18

FNG
Put this into Amazon "Ezy Dose Pill Packs | Pill and Vitamin Organizer Pouches | 50 Count | Disposable".

Works pretty well. bcaa mtn ops.jpg

I order vacuum seal/small mylar type baggies on amazon and a sealer for about $10. I got some 3-4 years ago when I was searching for the same thing but they were just on the small side and I had to use a vacuum sealer which was a pain to trigger and seal. The handheld sealer I just got for $10 or something like that with a slightly bigger bag is the way to go.

OP
T

Tbuckus

WKR
Tried the DIY vacuum seal bags. That is a lot of work.
I was also amazed at how big of a bag was needed to make a single serving depending on what product you ar using.
using dime bag ziplocks seems the best, but that cuts into the reason for doing this to save cost.
I also have a small 2oz Nalgene bottle that I will use if I decide on not bringing some oil for cooking up something.

100 Pcs Coffee Food Storage Heat Sealable 3.34mil Mylar Pure Foil Bag Vacuum Pouch for Sampling Packaging Aluminum Foil Smell Proof Package (1.57x5.51 inches)

these are what i use, (search on amazon)works for all sorts of stuff.
i just heat seal them with the kids hair strightner,

Murph8868

FNG
Better make sure you label those little baggies.. I can only imagine what law enforcement will think if you whip one of those out.. :ROFLMAO:

They also sell single servings in some flavors pre-sealed for the future.

Moserkr

WKR
Better make sure you label those little baggies.. I can only imagine what law enforcement will think if you whip one of those out.. :ROFLMAO:

They also sell single servings in some flavors pre-sealed for the future.
I use the little 2”x2” “dime” bags. It looks super sketchy, but Im pretty sure most powdered drugs dont smell like pina colada or mango madness. Now if it was green and leafy.... thats another story. I dont like how the powders smell through the bags. Im sure bears would love it and who knows what a deer would think besides that its not normal.

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use the little 2”x2” “dime” bags. It looks super sketchy, but Im pretty sure most powdered drugs dont smell like pina colada or mango madness. Now if it was green and leafy.... thats another story. I dont like how the powders smell through the bags. Im sure bears would love it and who knows what a deer would think besides that its not normal.

I do the exact same thing. Crazy cheap and minimal effort when portioning stuff out before a trip