Do you carry a backup release?

Luked

WKR
Something I hadn't really thought about untill today. Do you carry a backup release in your pack or keep one in the truck? Just in case you loose it or it breaks or whatever might happen.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
Yes either in my pack or at camp. I shoot a hinge and i dont know how many times ive set that thing down and forgotten it or its fell out of my pocket. Somehow i always find it.

bsnedeker

WKR
I carry one in the truck just in case, but I use a wrist-rocket that I only take off when I get back to camp so I'm not worried about losing it during the day.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
Finally bought one last year. Keep it in my pack during archery season. Got the same model so I am good to go if mine breaks or gets lost.

Laramie

WKR
In my truck glove box- always. Actually had a hunt ruined 25 years ago because I broke a release and didn't have a spare. I also had a hunter I was guiding lose his so the spare came in pretty handy for him.

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
Always always always one in my pack. In the off season I shoot the two equally as much so thier good and broke in. Shooting spothogg wise guy is my go to

xOttox

FNG
Yes and I practice with it as well. No point in having it if you haven't used it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, no matter what hunt I'm on, but especially on a hunt out West when I am far from the camper or truck. I also practice with both my main release and my backup to make sure they feel the same and release the same.

Like most here, an extra in my pack. I have left camp or the truck a time or two without it on my wrist. Having an extra in the pack has save myself or a buddy a long walk back, or worse just taking the bow for a walk.

Within arms reach.

I have literally had a release break while in a stand, wouldn't hook to the string, lost connection with the sear or something. Always have a second release very close.