Do you carry a backup release?

Oregonboy

WKR
I typically keep on in the car, but I don't usually carry another in my pack, this thread has me second guessing that decision.

bsnedeker

WKR
I typically keep on in the car, but I don't usually carry another in my pack, this thread has me second guessing that decision.
This thread has me thinking we have bunch of weirdos on this site that somehow "forget" their releases at home/camp.

I just can't fathom how that is possible and I'll freely admit that I'm a bit scatter brained sometimes! I think this is one of those "you pack your fears" scenarios mostly.

Now that I've said this, watch me forget my release at camp this season!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

This thread has me thinking we have bunch of weirdos on this site that somehow "forget" their releases at home/camp.

I just can't fathom how that is possible and I'll freely admit that I'm a bit scatter brained sometimes! I think this is one of those "you pack your fears" scenarios mostly.

Now that I've said this, watch me forget my release at camp this season!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
You’d have it coming. Karma is a bitch!
🤣

I try to always strap my release to my bow when I’m not wearing it.

JasonWi

WKR
Yes, backup in my pack. I’ve dropped my primary one from my tree stand before and just grabbed the extra and kept hunting

Sled

WKR
Extra in the pack. Set similar and practice with it for familiarity.

2 story's. Hunting idaho found 2 releases in 1 year. Both were over a mile from the road. So it happens.
Stupid me grab my release put it on decide it was a bit chilly so took the release off to put my coat on. Hours later sneaking in on some bulls yep you know it no release on. Damn it.
Put 1 in your pack.

MattB

WKR
I’ve stuck release in mud when I fell, had one gum up from iron in the soil when belly crawling, and had one start to fire at 1/8th draw when a set screw inexplicably backed out. Back-up releases can be handy even when you haven’t lost your primary.

svivian

WKR
I’ve stuck release in mud when I fell, had one gum up from iron in the soil when belly crawling, and had one start to fire at 1/8th draw when a set screw inexplicably backed out. Back-up releases can be handy even when you haven’t lost your primary.
Totally agree, I took a spill hunting mule deer in Arizona and the sand completely trashed my scott backspin. I luckily had a backup in the truck for the rest of the trip. Scott completely warrantied it for free which was nice.

TX_Diver

WKR
In my pack. I carry mine in the Bino harness and it seems like the most likely thing to get lost. I really don’t want to have to hike out over 2 ounces that I leave laying around somewhere and lose

MattB

WKR
In my pack. I carry mine in the Bino harness and it seems like the most likely thing to get lost. I really don’t want to have to hike out over 2 ounces that I leave laying around somewhere and lose
I never really liked the tiny pouches on the sides of my Kuiu bino harness for keeping the typical stuff in it (puffer bottle, etc.), but I in Nov. I got stuck quite a ways from my backpack and one now holds a little Petzl headlamp. Might have to see if my releases fit in the other though I doubt it.

"Two is one, one is none."

Try to have two headlamps, and always have a backup release. I had my spott Hogg fail on me opening day last elk season. So I killed my bull with my backup.

FlyGuy

WKR
100% I do. My primary is a Stan Perfex thumb. My backup is some cheap knock-off from Amazon. I have a small archery kit that I keep in a small Kifaru pull-out. It has the extra release, some Alan wrenches, extra bird, field tip and BH, sharpener, d-loop material, and the secondary release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro