Do you regret getting your suppressor?

Never owned one. I am waiting until they just make them legal and then I will buy on from Amazon prime.....lol
the last administration, with a republican majority in the house and senate, failed to get this done.

there's basically no hope left that we'll ever get the freedom back to buy suppressors without ATF hassle.

NDGuy

WKR
Nope
31fdcfb530d2432bba770f4939663c1f.jpg

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
This thread is about suppressors. We don't need to know about your kids. I'm happy that you like them, though even if they are in jail.

Jeremy

They’re 4 and 2… man that made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoBeav

WKR
Correction: When you are shooting in the field you are so hyped on adrenaline you don't notice the permanent damage you have just done to your ears.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

It's still strange, though. I don't even feel any hearing pain/damage effects minutes or hours after the shot, and my ears are sensitive enough that I cannot stand shooting any firearm at the range without hearing protection. How much damage would you think one or two unprotected muzzle-brake shots per year could do?

Probably because you’re already deaf…

It’s not about what bothers you or pain. Hearing loss is cumulative and irreversible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, but the only possible loss I notice is not being able to hear very well through white noise. Aside from hunting, I have almost always used hearing protection where applicable. I can't even stand using an angle grinder or lawnmower without hearing protection.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I kinda gather that the Hyperions are a “great”can. What would be some “decent” cans?

Most decent ones discussed- there are lots of them.

Basically any decent can is great for a bolt gun. When Form 1’s we’re a thing I happily used JK Armaments cans. Would happily use their cans now.

260madman

WKR
It's still strange, though. I don't even feel any hearing pain/damage effects minutes or hours after the shot, and my ears are sensitive enough that I cannot stand shooting any firearm at the range without hearing protection. How much damage would you think one or two unprotected muzzle-brake shots per year could do?

Maybe, but the only possible loss I notice is not being able to hear very well through white noise. Aside from hunting, I have almost always used hearing protection where applicable. I can't even stand using an angle grinder or lawnmower without hearing protection.
I can tell you from experience that shooting a braked 18” 308 with the wind in your face and a thick hat pulled over the ARs causes hearing damage that’s permanent. I’ve done it once and will never do it again. Reeeeee is a real thing. I never had an issue before with a thick hat pulled over my ears but the wind was just right and the most unpleasant experience shooting I’ve had. The ringing would come and go for a few years and now it’s constant after my stroke. Sit in a room with no noise and it’s pretty bad. I have a dead spot in the upper range of an audiology test.

wyosteve

WKR
A question out of curiosity- does a suppressor change the 'balance' of a rifle? It seems like it would just looking at them, but I've never held a rifle that had a suppressor.

same. Now we wait.
I saw that one, but to save an ounce and an inch over the Banish 30 I have approved but not it my hands yet, not worth it.

Anyone have hands on experience with the Diligent Defense Enticer S TI? That appears to be a high performing 9.3oz, 6.75" DT fully titanium can for only $750.

Lawnboi

WKR
A question out of curiosity- does a suppressor change the 'balance' of a rifle? It seems like it would just looking at them, but I've never held a rifle that had a suppressor.
It can. Personally I don’t mind a little forward heavy rifle. But it greatly depends on what you get. You can get a 5” 8oz suppressor or you can get a 9” 16oz suppressor. Both spectrums get frequently brought up even in a hunting forum where I’d assume most rifles are on the lighter end. The good thing is there’s options. Everything is a trade off when you are talking top end suppressors.

Lawnboi

WKR
I regret not buying a really high-end can. Definitely should have gone the buy once, cry once approach given the wait time and tax stamp cost.

I have a GEMTECH Tracker, but now I want a CGS or TBAC and it's tough to justify since the Tracker works fine and I have $800 sunk into it.
If it makes you feel better I think any suppressor is better than none. Even 90s tech.

Luckily I got my tracker for a steal that was too good to pass up. Always wanted an ultra 7 and when I finally got one the gemtech sits in the safe. Wish it was on a trust so I could loan it out to hunting buddies and not have to worry about them cracking one off

If it makes you feel better I think any suppressor is better than none. Even 90s tech.

Luckily I got my tracker for a steal that was too good to pass up. Always wanted an ultra 7 and when I finally got one the gemtech sits in the safe. Wish it was on a trust so I could loan it out to hunting buddies and not have to worry about them cracking one off
I've got a Form 1 I made on a separate Single shot trust that I intend on being able to do this with. Call it a gateway drug lol

Clarktar

WKR
So what is the best way to go about our purchasing a suppressor? I think it's time I take the plunge. Looking at Hyperion for my 17inch barreled Tikka 30-06

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
No regrets. I have two. My silencerco harvester EVO which is like 10oz is my go to hunting can. It’s only like 6.5” long and man is it nice. Wish I had gotten one sooner. Animals are way less disturbed, no need for ear pro while hunting (still put it in on the range). Shot a buck last week and no ringing whatsoever afterwards.

My other one is a YHM turbo T2 that is my dedicated AR suppressor. I like the harvester it’s full auto rated so I can shoot a lot of 5.56 without worry. It’s about the same length as the harvester but a touch heavier.

I’ll probably buy another harvester I the next year or so because my kids refuse to shoot without the suppressor attached anymore.

Samson7x

WKR
No, I suppress just about everything. Now there are certain suppressors that I wish I wouldn't have bought but that's another topic.

kkp005

WKR
Absolutely 0 regrets. I now have 3 30cal cans and a 22cal. I don’t shoot guns without them anymore

Samson7x

WKR
Which ones do you regret? That's really useful info for the rest of us

YHM 30, old school before the new resonators, never gets used
YHM 223, old school direct thread, never gets used
Silencerco salvo, never gets used. Cool novelty though.
AAC 300TM, too heavy for a titanium can
Gemtech Trek, too heavy and don't like direct thread

I've been in the game for a while now so there's a lot better options available today. I also formulated opinions by trial and error. For example, I dislike direct thread and strongly dislike heavy cans. I also don't really look at dB ratings anymore. None of them are really hearing safe to use for extended periods of time and I value other attributes more.