Done with 215 Bergers

RMajors

Lil-Rokslider
They defiantly do have more junk in the trunk. I guess I haven't seen too many that have existed. They seem to act very much like the 215s IME. Just deadly!
Shot them for 20 years or so, and I agree, vicious internal damage. I never shot any elk size game with them, and I could definitely believe they might not exit on something that big. But on deer and pigs I can assure you they will almost always exit.

Attachments

• 20181113_171432.jpg
    20181113_171432.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 45

RMajors

Lil-Rokslider
That picture is actually of an entrance wound! One of the stranger terminal performances I've ever seen. The deer was 20 yards from me right under my stand quartering away. That was the entrance and the exit looked fairly normal. That side looked like a skillsaw blade went through it. 7mm rem mag 140 Nosler bt

I laugh at anyone that recommends the accubond LR. Stick with what your used to, I’ll keep killing with Bergers. If you only shoot at 300yds you are right the extra BC isn’t a big deal.

Truthfully, all bullets have a failure story, shot placement is what matters.
Really..
Well go ahead and laugh
The 142 ablrs were awesome on the bull my wife just shot with my 6.5 saum.
She center punched his shoulder at 80 yards and the bullet was devastating, broke the offside leg bone before exiting.

I'll hopefully post some LR elk results with the 175s in a few weeks.
output1(3).jpg

I have two buddies that are Native Americans. They have shot hundreds of elk with 180 grain Nosler Ballistic tips with a 30-378. Haha! I asked them why they don’t shoot a hunting bullet. They both said they don’t like tracking them.

I love when people that have no first had experience tell you how it is.....
It's funny you say that, I have a friend that grew up on a reservation in Wyoming. Hes seen a pile of animals killed with ballistic tips. He has also lassoed more elk and black bears from a horse than anyone I know.