Drew my first BC Spring Grizz Tag!

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Hey All,

Just wanted to start a thread.....BC hunting LEH just came out and I moved here last year from Alberta to experience all the mountain hunting opportunities that exist in the province. Grizz, caribou, mountain goats, Stones sheep, Dall sheep, blacktails, coastal black bears, etc, etc are all the reasons that drew me to BC and the vast hunting experiences that are here!

Well, I drew my first spring grizz tag and will be headed up north at the end of May for a hunt. I'll try and keep a bit of a running thread here or at least make sure I post some good pics when I return. Training has begun, and I'm currently putting together a Ruger M77 MKII stainless in 338WM. Waiting for a McMillan stock and plan to shoot 210gr TSX. I'll bring my 7 SAUM as a back up rifle in case of problems, but hoping that the new 338WM performs well.

Other than that, the area I drew is an area about 200km off the pavement on logging roads and old mine roads. Lots of spot and stalk from the truck and hiking in old roads that havent melted for snow to glass avalanche slides, etc as they green up.

Lookin forward to spring!!

Good luck sir! Don't be to picky, might be the last time the hunt is legal if the NDP get in like it looks like they will. IF they do that will be the end of the Grizz hunt.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
REDMTN - dude you live in Black Bear heaven. Hunted out of Prince George with Bert & Dusty Fillion a few years back. What a blast! Good around there for Griz too!

Good luck Rackmaster!!

Coop

REDMTN

FNG
Unfortunately I only had a few days to spend back there but did see 8 or 9 blacks but was mostly looking for grizz. Hopefully Rackmaster will score as the country is definetly good grizz habitat.