Duck Camp Camo

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
Good afternoon to everyone. I noticed that there are no threads here on the forum about Duck Camp camo. I'm going to post my own experience here, as someone who loves the brand, but I'd like to hear from others who have Duck Camp gear too. If you've gotten gear from Duck Camp let's hear your opinion here!

For me, it was a great experience. All of the clothing I've gotten from them has been comfortable, quiet, and functional. Their customer service is second to none, I received my order fast, the sweatshirt was too tight and they rectified it quickly and without cost to me. I think the quality of the gear is comparable to other gear at the same price point. It's too early to know about durability, but the construction seems very solid. Wingshooting is their main focus, but they make stuff for other types of hunting and fishing as well and everything I have gotten has been very versatile.

I love the Barnburner Merino Hoodie, Squall Light Rain Jacket, and DryDown vest. I'm looking at getting several more pieces when I get the money and I made sure all my family knows that Duck Camp gift cards are always a great present.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of their bamboo hoodies and the Head Guide Fleece hoodie. Just a couple midlayers underneath that hoodie I hunted down to 10 degrees duck hunting in Arkansas. Really comfortable and warm with a softshell 2 way stretch outer layer so it is pretty durable. Pockets are convenient as well and got a great deal on it during one of their sales too

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of their bamboo hoodies and the Head Guide Fleece hoodie. Just a couple midlayers underneath that hoodie I hunted down to 10 degrees duck hunting in Arkansas. Really comfortable and warm with a softshell 2 way stretch outer layer so it is pretty durable. Pockets are convenient as well and got a great deal on it during one of their sales too
I'm looking at getting the Head Guide Hoodie next.

How do you like the bamboo one?

pab

FNG
I have a few of the bamboo hoodies, the that are my go to for cold weather as well as fishing. Head Guide hoody was great for this duck season repels water well and was warm enough with a few layers into the teens. Also have a few of the field shirt button downs great fit bird hunting but nice enough for a night out. Would highly recommend all of the gear I have used

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at getting the Head Guide Hoodie next.

How do you like the bamboo one?
The bamboo hoodies are really comfortable and soft I love mine for fishing or everyday casual. I wear mine all the time and will probably get another. I would use it for hunting if it was a half zip but until then it won’t replace my Sitka LW core hoodie during early season

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
The bamboo hoodies are really comfortable and soft I love mine for fishing or everyday casual. I wear mine all the time and will probably get another. I would use it for hunting if it was a half zip but until then it won’t replace my Sitka LW core hoodie during early season
Thanks, that's good to know. I plan to get one as an all-around piece of gear to wear hunting, fishing and hiking.

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever had an issue with the head guide hoodie not being quiet enough?

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
From an email from the company:

"Our manufacturers are chosen based on who can produce the best product with the materials we want to use. We look at the USA first for factories and found one with our bamboo product. But our shirts and pants are split between China and Guatemala."

mholman

FNG
I also have a bamboo hoody that works well in warmer weather and has been durable so far and my brother has a barnburner merino hoody that he loves as a mid layer and as I am from AR anything that comes in a color called Pinoak is winner in my book.

SMOKYMTN

WKR
I have a head guide fleece hoodie and 2 of their Barnburner merino hoodies. Barnburners are the best in the business. Weight like the First Lite Furnace gear but with a hood. Incredible pieces.

Duck Camp as a company is great. I got to talk to those pretty extensively down at SEWE back in February. Quality gear, great customer service.

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
I have a head guide fleece hoodie and 2 of their Barnburner merino hoodies. Barnburners are the best in the business. Weight like the First Lite Furnace gear but with a hood. Incredible pieces.

Duck Camp as a company is great. I got to talk to those pretty extensively down at SEWE back in February. Quality gear, great customer service.
Agreed.

I love my barnburner and Head Guide hoodie. I layer mine and I'm easily comfortable in the 20s with those and the fleece bibs.

I know they're marketed to wing shooters but I use my stuff for everything

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer merino wool because it's a little less smelly, but the bamboo hoodies make an excellent base layer under the others as well.

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any of their down? That's what I'm looking at next for those extra cold days.

bozeman

WKR
I just don’t understand how companies enter a market and charge more/same as established brands. I’m sure it’s top notch gear, but why move away from something that’s proven??