Duffle for travels

I'm going to NL for moose in Sept. I'll be flying this time, but there will be times the bag will be tossed into my pick-up, or possibly into a boat. The 2 bags I'm considering are the Yeti Panga 100, and the Kuiu Taku 9000.

Anyone have first-hand experience with either of these? I'm open to other suggestions. Thanks.

My north face base camp duffles have held up well. They are splash proof but aren’t dry bags or watertight like the yeti but they cost a lot less. I probably own 6 by now and they do everything from gym bag to boat trips for me.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Taku 9000 and it is very large. Maybe that's exactly what you're looking for but I was surprised at size when received and it can hold way more clothes and gear than I can comfortably pick up and sling around. I think two of the Taku 5500 would be handier. Also, the Kuiu isn't water proof like the yeti. I also have a RTIC Duffel that seems to be more water resistant than the Kuiu but still not waterproof. RTIC usually runs a decent sale every couple months.

I have an older Simms Dry Creek duffel that is a lot like the Cabela's one posted by @SteveCNJ. I wish I could get another one, but seeing that I can't I will probably get one of those Cabela's. I have also taken a good look at the Stone Glacier Stol's and will probably get one of those for flying commerial (but not rooftops, boats, or truck pickup beds--although it'd probably be fine for those as well).

boom

WKR
My north face base camp duffles have held up well. They are splash proof but aren’t dry bags or watertight like the yeti but they cost a lot less. I probably own 6 by now and they do everything from gym bag to boat trips for me.

is that the red ones? (maybe they come in other colors).

mine have held up well. i like the backpack like shoulder straps. helps when i have two other bags for my hands. not super comfy, but pretty good for a sprint thru an airport.

Gorp2007

WKR
Another vote for the North Face duffles, they hold up great and you can usually find them on sale. You can get them in just about any color you want, too.

is that the red ones? (maybe they come in other colors).

mine have held up well. i like the backpack like shoulder straps. helps when i have two other bags for my hands. not super comfy, but pretty good for a sprint thru an airport.

They come in plenty of colors. Yellow, red and blue were the old school colors and were popular with the mountaineering crowd back when Northface was mostly focused on that type of gear. Look like they should be strapped to a yak on the way to Everest. I buy them from campmor or other places when they are cheap so I take whatever color I can get. I have black, blue, white, purple and more black.

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered this bag from REI today, ortlieb x-Tremer 113L pack, was on sale for $70, thought it might be handier than a duffel

Yeti Panga is by far the best I have used. Completely bombproof and extremely waterproof.

I use a Rtic duffel a lot. The Large is HUGE prob to big. It’s pretty weather resistant, I have left in the pack of my truck in downpours with only slight moisture inside.
The Patagonia black hole is decent but nowhere near as think as the Rtic nor Yeti

tdot

WKR
Arcteryx Carrier series. I'm pretty sure this is the bag that Kuiu designed the Taku from.

They are extremely light, so they dont affect your weight limit as much. Roll up to nothing for when you arrive at destination. Very water resistant, bordering water proof, I had one with me thru 3 tropical storms on a racing sailboat, none of my gear in the bag was wet. The only other gear on that boat that stayed dry was in a Pelican case or Dryline drybags.

My oldest one is 5 or 6 years, has flown as checked baggage dozens of time, been strapped to the back of snowmobiles, tossed around boats, dragged across beaches, and other then some oil marks from a baggage carousel, it's still 100% functional.

I sold all my North Face and Patagucci bags after using the Arcteryx for a short while.

I have/use the Badlands Short and Long Haul duffels.
No complaints here. Weather proof. durable and a great lifetime warranty.

This is what I would go with especially since they can be found at 40-50 percent off multiple times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UP NORTH

WKR
Another one to check out would be Nargear heavy duty duffel. I use them for work and are well made.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rcdinaz

FNG
I bought the Kryptek bag off Camofire and really like it. Big waterproof duffle with an oversized zipper which has held up very well. I have a small Badlands that has held up well that I have been pretty tough on. Have a McAlister waxed cotton that has seen a lot of milage. Also have one very similar to the Mountain Smith above and it is by far the lightest one. Have others but these are the ones that are used every season and I like the Kryptek best, it is tough and seems the most waterproof but it is heavy.