Durable Rubber Boot

I use to sing the LaCrosse Burly praises. I remember years ago getting 4 or 5 season of hard use out of a pair in tough terrain hunting in river bottoms. I bought a new pair 2 weeks ago because I was hunting in a muddy bean field, needed to cross a creek with 6" to 8" of water to wade and wanted to just be able to hose them off. This afternoon (second time I've worn them) I was walking along a creek bank and felt something poking my foot, looked down and had a 1/4" stick poked through the rubber just above where the sole is welded on! Unbelievable!

Am I asking too much to be able to walk through the woods without poking holes in my boots?!?! Granted it's been a good 10 years since I've bought a pair of Burlys, but I never had this problem with the older ones. Does anyone make a durable rubber boot?

Last edited:

Muttly

WKR
Heard about Dunlop boots from my little brother, kinda wish I,s heard about them before I bought a pair of Lacrosse. Will admit I,m not super impressed with the Lacrosse..

adamm88

WKR
I use to sing the LaCrosse Burly praises. I remember years ago getting 4 or 5 season of hard use out of a pair in tough terrain hunting in river bottoms. I bought a new pair 2 weeks ago because I was hunting in a muddy bean field, needed to cross a creek with 6" to 8" of water to wade and wanted to just be able to hose them off. This afternoon (second time I've worn them) I was walking along a creek bank and felt something poking my foot, looked down and had a 1/4" stick poked through the rubber just above where the sole is welded on! Unbelievable!

Am I asking too much to be able to walk through the woods without poking holes in my boots?!?! Granted it's been a good 10 years since I've bought a pair of Burlys, but I never had this problem with the older ones. Does anyone make a durable rubber boot?

I got 5-6 years out of muck boots, this year was the first year iv had issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk