E-Form4 information

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
What has paper been doing?
In 2019 mine was 10 months i think.
I've got 3 in right now with paper. All 3 from July and I'm still waiting for approval. Last I checked, ATF said they were processing Feb or March from last year.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
My experience with the new site is limited to filing Form3 transfers and based on that the site is significantly faster. Anxious to get final directions from Silencershop on what dealers and customers will need to do going forward. Plenty of bugs to sort out
I'd say that's kind of my gripe with Silencer Shop right now. They've not pushed out any info in a while. They should probably communicate with their customers and dealers about wtf is going on. I talked to my local SoT and he said the same thing, no news from Silencer Shop.

OP
Msowa

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
I'd say that's kind of my gripe with Silencer Shop right now. They've not pushed out any info in a while. They should probably communicate with their customers and dealers about wtf is going on. I talked to my local SoT and he said the same thing, no news from Silencer Shop.

Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, they definitely don’t want to rush out with inaccurate info etc. NFA game is on a whole different level of torture.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve always said I’d get a silencer once they have E-Form 4s. Looks like I’ll have to finally put my money where my mouth is and get one now.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve always said I’d get a silencer once they have E-Form 4s. Looks like I’ll have to finally put my money where my mouth is and get one now.
I'd wait a little bit if I were you until they get everything sorted out.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I saw on Silencer Shops Reddit that we should start hearing from our dealers this week. I will say there is still a lot of confusion. From what I read, ATF has said that Silencer Shop can not submit the form 4 for you, that it has to be the local SoT. My local SoT was assured by Silencer Shop that they wouldn't have the ball dropped in their lap. Hopefully this week, we shall get it all figured out.

I saw on Silencer Shops Reddit that we should start hearing from our dealers this week. I will say there is still a lot of confusion. From what I read, ATF has said that Silencer Shop can not submit the form 4 for you, that it has to be the local SoT. My local SoT was assured by Silencer Shop that they wouldn't have the ball dropped in their lap. Hopefully this week, we shall get it all figured out.

Hmm interesting. So I wonder which way it is. I was under the impression that SilencerShop does everything for me. And the local shop is kind of out of the picture

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
I just put a can in jail today. Got it from a local gun shop that is an elite kiosk dealer. Process was straight forward. They let me know that silencer shop will reach out to me regarding my ATF pin and such to complete the form 4. If I gotta wait, I might as well hurry up and wait sooner than later.

Sled

WKR
That's all well and good but after we setup the account and pin, what does the sot need to do to complete the e form? Is the issue that there is nowhere for the sot to log in and fill out the e form? My dealer has heard nothing from silencer shop nor have I. I'm 2 months into a wait and see, which is fine but no statements and vague statements aren't helping me understand why I'm in a holding pattern.

That's all well and good but after we setup the account and pin, what does the sot need to do to complete the e form? Is the issue that there is nowhere for the sot to log in and fill out the e form? My dealer has heard nothing from silencer shop nor have I. I'm 2 months into a wait and see, which is fine but no statements and vague statements aren't helping me understand why I'm in a holding pattern.
I keep being told that silencer shop handles the eform They submit it? Not sure if that’s true.

Sled

WKR
I keep being told that silencer shop handles the eform They submit it? Not sure if that’s true.
If that's the case why did the first round of emails say your dealer would contact you and to have your pin and account number ready?