Early season archery hunting gloves

ridgefire

WKR
I like to wear thin gloves when I'm archery elk hunting and curious what gloves you guys like the most. I am looking at the Sitka ascent gloves but wondering what else I should be looking at. Hoping to find a decent pair under $50 that will last. Any suggestions?

stump06

WKR
I just get the lightweight ones from Walmart every year and they work great. Only about $10 or so, Just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on gloves

87TT

WKR
I've used the Primos spandex gloves. No problem shooting with them, Not too warm.

I use brown jersey gloves and cut finger tips off where needed.

Been doing the same thing for over 25 years. I read Dwight Shuh had done it and explained that he could get them at any gas station if he lost a pair it was easy and inexpensive to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used the ascent gloves for a couple seasons and I like them. They are pricey yes but they have held up well. I did cut the thumb off of the thumb for use of the trigger. The gloves are awesome just for protection in going down through deadfall etc. I feel like my hands get beat up quite a bit during the fall and gloves are great. I would just recommend shooting in them as much as possible before season as it does feel different.

Ditto on the Ascent glove. Yes they are expensive but I've worn them hard for 2 seasons and they are still in good shape. I bought a pair of the new FL Guide Light gloves and I personally don't like the fit, they are kind of baggy. The Ascent is a very fitted glove. I couldn't wear a pair of jersey gloves, they are just not technical enough to not remove for functions requiring dexterity.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I like simple cotton jersey gloves with a long cuff. The old Primos ones were decent......their new ones are crap and don't fit worth a darn. Hunter's Specialties makes a decent one as well, but I think they've been discontinued as I picked up 20 pair last year for $1.99/pair and haven't seen them anywhere since.

OP
R

ridgefire

WKR
Thinking I'm gonna try the ascent glove. Does the cuff of the glove affect the release strap at all. I like the mechanix gloves but not sure if I would like the strap on it with a release.

Scrappy

WKR
You guys are gonna think I'm crazy but I took a pair of grey ghost glove on my elk hunting trip last year and fell in love with them. Just enough protection to keep me from cutting up my hands scrambling up the mountain. As well as still be able to shoot my bow and do everything else.

I use the Dickie garden/work fabric gloves with a rubberized palm and fingers. Costco sells a 6-pack for $15 Canadian. 3 pair are black and go hunting, and 3-pair are red and are used for for my home chores/projects to keep my wife happy so I can go hunting. They provide great grip, a lot ot dexterity, and enough hand protection for climbing around the rocks sheep hunting. They are not used in the cactus and cat-claw in AZ or in the blackberries near the coast or the devil's club on the way to the alpine in BC....all leather get the call there. practice shooting my bow with them on most days, but don't find they affect POI versus a bare hand for me.

When it gets cold...sub -freezing I switch to KUIU Guide gloves which cost about 30X as much per pair as the Dickies.

xcutter

WKR
Just purchased a pair of the First Lite Talus gloves. Seem pretty nice. Going to use with the Aerowool gloves when I want extra warmth. You can get fingerless wool gloves from Amazon too a lot cheaper. Probably try them out when these First Lite's wear out.