East Troublesome Fire - 2021 area update?

Ericbell

FNG
Hi all, I have a hunted booked for Units 18 & 28 this fall and I've there 3 times previously. I've been looking for updates as to what exactly got burnt and what the elk / mule deer report is in that area. I'm hoping it may have greened up a bit this summer but I can't seem to find any info.

Does anyone have information on this area? I'm not looking for anyone's hunting forecast or their hunting spot, just info on the terrain.

OP
E

Ericbell

FNG
I didn't use an outfitter, what I meant by booked is that I already drew my deer tag and bought my OTC Bull tag.

tburkepa

FNG
Depending on what part of 18 you are going, they still have some areas shut down to no access. And there is currently another fire ongoing between Kremmling and Parshall.

OP
E

Ericbell

FNG
Depending on what part of 18 you are going, they still have some areas shut down to no access. And there is currently another fire ongoing between Kremmling and Parshall.
Yea, I saw that Black Mountain Fire. Looks like it is contained now! I read a post awhile back that stated that the south side of Elk Mountain wasn't burnt.

Ddan33

FNG
May be to late for your hunt but avoid 18. Unit 28 could be good this year however. I screwed up on leftover day and put in the unit 18 muzzleloader code and realized it the week before the hunt. Went anyways but everything was closed and scorched for the most part.

OP
E

Ericbell

FNG
May be to late for your hunt but avoid 18. Unit 28 could be good this year however. I screwed up on leftover day and put in the unit 18 muzzleloader code and realized it the week before the hunt. Went anyways but everything was closed and scorched for the most part.
Thanks for the update, my tag is good for both units 18 & 28 so I should be able to find some good ground!! We plan to get there a few days early to see what areas are opened around elk mountain.