EdT Stove

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just starting to look at titanium stoves and keep seeing EdT stoves mentioned. I've looked but can't seem to find his website. Someone had posted a link but it says the domain has expired. Is he not in business anymore?

Thanks,
Chris

Fire_9

WKR
That's interesting. I can't find it either. I bought one of his stoves a couple years ago. It's the only titanium stove I've used so I don't have anything to compare it too but I wasn't super impressed. It burns fine but it looked like a third grader cut the hole for the stove pipe and leg notches with very dull scissors

mrgreen

WKR
I agree with Fire_9, I have one of his stoves for over 3 years. It works fine, but the body is kind of mangled where the stove pipe just fits, and a couple of the leg notches look like double strikes with the metal punch.

Oh, and I just checked- In January 2013 I paid more for a 12" stove from Ed then a 18" Kifaru Smith Cylinder Stove or 16" Titanium Goat stove would cost today.

I think Ed is a great guy who just happens to be a much better designer then fabricator or businessman. Just my opinion from talking to and dealing with him.

He still posts as Ed Tyanich on backpackinglight.com, you could probably reach him there.

Tsnider

WKR
i got the seekoutside medium and did a burn in last night. they have an intake control built in now, which i didnt expect because it looks like the earlier models didnt. i got an hour burn time out of it with thicker wood. its got a huge opening for its size. my first wood stove but ive read nothing but good stuff and its really well built and everything fits tight.

92xj

WKR
i got the seekoutside medium and did a burn in last night. they have an intake control built in now, which i didnt expect because it looks like the earlier models didnt. i got an hour burn time out of it with thicker wood. its got a huge opening for its size. my first wood stove but ive read nothing but good stuff and its really well built and everything fits tight.

Is there a spark arrestor with the stove?
Do you have any set up pics to show the intake flow control?

Tsnider

WKR
Is there a spark arrestor with the stove?
Do you have any set up pics to show the intake flow control?

crap just saw this sorry. yes there is a spark arrestor that is built into it, it doesnt slide in like some of the others. ill post a pic from my phone of the intake. it has a built in piece to prevent sparks from jumping into the tent too, which i do not have pictures of.

Tsnider

WKR
5e335a977f3e10637841159e0331395b.jpg

Ctalboom

FNG
I have one of the 18" Lite Outdoors cylinder stoves and the design and craftsmanship is flawless. I am super impressed! You have a ton of control on the burn rate too.

92xj

WKR
I have one of the 18" Lite Outdoors cylinder stoves and the design and craftsmanship is flawless. I am super impressed! You have a ton of control on the burn rate too.

Is there a spark arrestor with the lite stove?
Also, is there enough give in the body where the pipe enters to have the exhaust pipe angle out a bit to fit the megatarp, unlike a tipi where the pipe would go straight up?

Ctalboom

FNG
Is there a spark arrestor with the lite stove?
Also, is there enough give in the body where the pipe enters to have the exhaust pipe angle out a bit to fit the megatarp, unlike a tipi where the pipe would go straight up?

It doesn't come with a spark arrestor but I made my own in a few seconds to put in it. Yeah you can definitely put a pipe in at an angle. It is still titanium foil so it fits snug but you can put a pipe at a pretty steep angle still.