Elk vs photographer

Rockey

FNG
Wow, that guy was lucky...... one decent charge or lunge and one of those antlers would have been buried in his neck or chest cavity. The sad thing is, that elk will probably end up being slaughtered because it is so desensitized to humans that it is a dangerous animal to have around. What a video though, that photographer was more man than I about sitting there and taking that, but maybe that is because I know better!

Everybody's just watching and recording video for an awful long time. Were they all hoping he'd get gored?

endorice

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same reaction. Darned lucky guy. Why didn't he yell/clap and scare the bull? Clueless bystanders; I would have driven up immediately and honked. While the photographer thought he was doing the right think by not making eye contact and then turning away, a slightly more aggressive bull would have gored him when he turned.

That dude is an idiot.... I'm sorry but by "looking" away he was actually ducking his head towards the bull the same way they do with eachother when they want to spar. Seen steers and goats do the same thing it's a pretty universal message among the ungulates who fight for breeding rights.

Mike

Mike7

WKR
I saw this a couple of weeks ago and thought what a lucky idiot. I completely agree with you Mike. Having raised goats, if you want them to butt things with there heads weather for play or later when things are serious, just push on their head with your hand or lower your head as if to butt them and they respond...it's part of their play/practice for later use in defense and getting mates. Naturally though, their "first" instinct unless little ones are around is to run when something runs at them, even if just a tiny dog. I can't believe how gentle that elk was.