Elkmania 2014

OP
afteamroper
Know where they feed at night herd at least 3 different bugles after dark. Have a plan for the am.
f7e754b6d824d4748853e46c733661f9.jpg

OP
afteamroper
Well got up headed out to get in what I thought would be their path to the bedding area and either I was to late or they we t through quiet. Sitting on a high knob now glassing pockets trying to find them.

jljmonky

FNG
weird... same camo I am wearing, reading this, at work... because I am not able to hunt til October (here for whitetail) and in CO for elk...

OP
afteamroper
Well covered 7+ miles today and didn't find a single sign of an elk in the area. Pretty sure they are hanging on the private land where the water is.This is the only water in the canyon I was hunting or lack there of.
786fcf280355e80084e0e70ea77600de.jpg

I hate hunting the in the heat. This what I had for water left with 1.5 miles left to go to the truck.
679cfe30a671bbaa6f18d41fe7f3f46e.jpg

Heading to another new spot tomorrow that the game wardens told my wife I should go. We shall see if they are right or full of chit.

I think you've made the right choices, sometimes it sucks when it doesn't work out, but at least you're able to hunt. Best of luck looking for a new area.

Since afteamroper has spotty service I am going to update this thread. As of now be has been in the new area and was directed there by the local game warden. A trip by the local pro shop confirmed it and tonight he has seen a ton of sign and heard a bugle. Tomorrow looks promising so far.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since afteamroper has spotty service I am going to update this thread. As of now be has been in the new area and was directed there by the local game warden. A trip by the local pro shop confirmed it and tonight he has seen a ton of sign and heard a bugle. Tomorrow looks promising so far.
Sweet!!

Things are turning around for afteamroper, today he called in three bulls, one of which was a 5x6 to 13yds, but all he has is a cow tag.........the only cow that did come in, wouldn't break 60yds through some trees.

jljmonky

FNG
figures... only see bulls when you have a cow tag and only see cows when you have a bull tag.