Exo Daypack

Mable300

Lil-Rokslider
Fellas, I emailed Mark Huelsing from Exo about a possible limited run of 2000 packs the other day, he replied that they have a smaller version in the works, FYI to all the Exo fans out there..

Skull10

WKR
I couldn't wait, I overpaid for a K2 frame with the EXO 2000 bag, just so I could have the bag. I think the EXO 2000 has everything you need in a day pack.

I took advantage of the color blem and ran the 2000 exclusively this year. I love the simplicity of the system. Glad I got the 2000 and may end up with a 4800 now.

TravisIN

WKR
I don’t see why they won’t give out details. I messaged them asking what they had coming bc Ive heard it mentioned and they wouldn’t give out any info. I understand keeping things under wrap when it comes to so specific details. But general info would be nice. Kifaru is good about doing that. They aren’t giving every detail but they give you a general idea so you can have all the info on what’s coming so you make a good decision. I went ahead and purchased a daypack from another company since I have no clue what’s coming from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been in contact with Exo personally about this pack, but I've been keeping up to date with all of the details they've been releasing since they announced the K3 system. They have said plenty of times they are bringing out an 1800 but they weren't focusing on it until the roll out of the K3 stuff was complete. As I understand, there has been an issue with K3 lids that they have been working towards fixing a.s.a.p.

I'm very interested in the 1800 as I day hunt with my K2 5500 extensively. It cinches down nice but something a little more streamlined would be good. I regularly pack out an entire fallow deer on a day hunt and it would be good to have a smaller bag to limit all the crap I tend to carry with me!

md126

WKR
In my opinion the 2000 was an outstanding daypack.

I hope they just improve on that design and don’t try and reinvent the wheel

divingpa

FNG
Just talked to Pat at EXO and the first 100 of the K31800 ships out today (12/16/19) if they get one piece they've been waiting for.

divingpa

FNG
My 1800 shipped Friday 12-13...
Sweet...I guess they ran out of the straps that Pat spoke of after they shipped some and now are on to their next batch. I have big hopes for this pack filling a big void in my setup. Hope it works for you.

akorn81

FNG
When do they typically release new gear each yr. When will 2020 gear come out?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jacack

WKR
FedEx dropped nine off yesterday, looks awesome . Loaded it up with some gear just to get a feel for it and very pleased.

divingpa

FNG
FedEx dropped nine off yesterday, looks awesome . Loaded it up with some gear just to get a feel for it and very pleased.

Good to hear. Mines due in 2 days. I only have one day to play with it before heading off to Europe for the holidays, but plan on loading it up and heading out for a quick hike to test drive it. Would like to hear what you think after a test drive.

OP
Mable300

Mable300

Lil-Rokslider
So if anybody that has both the 2000 and now the 1800..please give a comparison. Would like to know opinions of the pros and cons.

Evergreen

WKR
So just an observation but at this point I'm preferring the 2000 even though I dislike the roll top of the 2000. In all fairness I just received my 1800 so I'm just getting it squared away. For me I prefer the built in small pockets of the 2000. The 1800 will require a couple stash pockets to accomplish separate interior storage. The waterproof liner to separate the bladder and main bag for me is a hassle as I run bottles instead of a bladder but the option will be nice. I still need to get it out on a test run but with a little getting used to I think the 1800 will be fine.