Exo gun bearer experience?

bpeay4

FNG
I use the Slik sling with a mystery ranch but i am sure it will work on an exo.

Simple design and you can easily deploy the rifle quickly without taking the pack off and you can mount the gun while wearing the pack.

6.5x284

WKR
Any idea if the Kifaru bottom will work with the Molle of the k4?

I run mine like this and think it works great. I have rifle in EXO carrier when hiking in or packing meat and in the Kifaru gun bearer when hunting. Don’t think I have any pictures though. Packs disassembled now, need to clean some blood off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive used the universal on k2-k4. no issues. Dont have to worry about OAL of rifle. Much easier to move the muzzle around brush in front of you then when its behind and over your head

FOT223

FNG
I just spent three days with the Exo rifle carrier. All in all it works well. When it is strapped on, the rifle is secure and doesn't seem to move around much at all. There are no extra straps flapping around and I never had it unintentionally detach. But, the fact that you have to take the pack off to get it back on is pretty annoying. I spent a good chunk of my day just carrying my rifle in my hands because I didn't want to keep taking my pack off. Also, the boot portion is a good bit tighter than it needs to be but I never had a problem getting the stock out; just a bit tight to get back on to the stock.

Depending on the situation, I might be using my Kifaru gun-bearer a bit more. But, I really liked having the rifle out of my way.
I recently finished my rifle hunt and I had the same experience. Getting it in the boot was a pain, taking it out was no big deal. Seems to work well for what it is, better than others I've used in the past. I also carried mine a large part of the trip.

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
Can the Kifaru butt stock carrier attach on the K4 where the bottle carrier attaches (slanted molle )

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
Can the Kifaru butt stock carrier attach on the K4 where the bottle carrier attaches (slanted molle )
It does fit, but only one side. That was what I did originally before the EXO one came out. It functions just fine, but after using the Exo one, I discovered I liked the Exo one more because the boot never fell off the rifle when I would take my pack off, or sit just right. I wrapped the quick release portion around the frame so it didnt have to go under my arm (dont mind it at times, but having it completely out of the way was nice) However, with the salmon river solutions arca plate I had, the gun sat just far enough forward that it rubbed on my side. Once I swapped to the Exo top strap that was 100% eliminated.
Long story short, yes it works- but is TIGHT to get in their molle webbing!!! don't try to do it with cold fingers!!

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
Could u post a picture it’s hard to visualize what you’re describing. I appreciate your time

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I bought a K4 this summer and absolutely love it.

Am now looking into options for a gun bearer and have looked at Exo's own one, as well as the Slik Sling and FHFGear's system.

Anyone have any experiences to share? The sling will be mostly used with the pack in dayhunting mode (i.e. fairly empty).

Thanks in advance,
The bucket part is still too small in my opinion. I prefer the Kifaru Gun bearer.

sr80

WKR
i used the univeral gun bearer and wrap the velcro in the section between the lumbar and hip belt and it works great there. Ive used the same gun bearer in that same spot on SG and kifaru packs. You don't feel any of the weight of the gun with it that far back.

In depth or width? I flipped a C clamp over and stretched out the width to fit Cindy's bravo stock, but I didn't hear her say anything good or bad about it after that.
Width.
I have to run my finger around the rim and thread it up over my butt stock.
Its not terrible, but I definitely just carry my rifle sometimes because it seems bothersome to use the K4 carrier.
I've considered just trying to cut the elastic out of the band.
Its a double edge sword, security vs ease..

I'm almost certain I will quit using the top buckle and just use the pack strap.

Considering the kifaru gun bearer again.
But when I tried it on my seek I hated the rifle in front of my face. The only thing I really like was the quick deploy and stow. It also rubbed the F out of my rifle.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
In depth or width? I flipped a C clamp over and stretched out the width to fit Cindy's bravo stock, but I didn't hear her say anything good or bad about it after that.
Width. I have no idea why it was made so tight. I even sent photos and measurements to them during the design period.

I don't see any reason to make it tight at all. The Kifaru is much easier to get the buttstock in and out of.

The Kifaru Gun Bearer is still my favorite design of all the rifle carriers by far. I don't think anyone has made one that works as well.

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a couple pics of the kifaru gun bearer attached to the angle molle (I didn't fully thread the molle on the bottom bucket for the pics because it's kind of a pain, the molle is super snug) as well as the top shoulder strap being attached to the frame (instead of the front of the shoulder strap to make it go under your arm).

I agree the bottom bucket is a touch small and kind of a pain, it did seem to stretch slightly as season went on. Or maybe I just got better at figuring out putting it back in!? With the kifaru attached for the top, I could barely put it back while wearing the pack, but I had to be super stretchy. It was still easier to take the pack off.

I found I'd keep my rifle on the pack unless I was 90% sure I would be in a shooting position because it was so quick to remove with the buckle and have ready to shoot in seconds anyways.

I would lean toward the universal kifaru one just for ease of attaching if you went that route. I've thought about modifying the one I have for a k4 attachment as well.
10243f1d6cc53e61915c75ad015dc2d2.jpg
4527722c5c66531611b59663c5261e3e.jpg
0a5d588b371ebecff3329a1ce54f70d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk