Exo vs kuiu pack

PLucas

FNG
Easy for me also. Exo is made in the USA and a better bag in my opinion. I have a k3

hikenhunt

WKR
I have a kuiu that has hauled some loads just under 100 pounds without any issues or complaints. Haven't tried an EXO so I can't compare though.

I haven't tried the newer kuiu, but I used to have a kuiu. It was one that was made about 5 years ago. I thought it was a decent pack and it carried midsized loads fine, but then switched to the exo and really prefer it.

For those of you who have tried both, what makes the Exo so much more comfortable? I have the Kuiu pack and have been curious to try the Exo but haven't seen one in person yet.

I have Exo, my hunting partner bought Kuiu. There is no comparison in build quality between the two IMO. Exo is a far better bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agreed x100! i used to have a kuiu, and it was my least favorite framed pack i have owned. my pop up is more comfortable with a heavy load by a good margin. i have owned 2 EXO packs, and my current go to pack is an EXO. everything about it is better. i shredded my kuiu in a season, it was hot on my back, their frame design was a snaggy mo-fo too, that thing got hung up in brush like no other pack i have worn. EXO is a great quality pack, backed by a great team of guys. no brainer to me.

I have owned both, and still own the exo. Kuiu makes great stuff, but their packs are not at the level of Exo. I found the Kuiu pack struggled under moderate to heavy loads.

Bhanes

FNG
Ok I will contact both and ask some questions. And check there return policies. Thanks for the insight.
If they won’t return them, you could easily sell on here or wherever and get your money back. They retain their value like crazy!

Elkobsessed

Lil-Rokslider
Do yourself a favor and check out this review. Different packs fit different people differently.....be careful going off of the fan boys opinions as you will likely be disappointed. Zach does a great job laying out the pros and cons of many of the top brand packs....but he too encourages people to try as many as you can to see which is right for YOU. https://www.rokslide.com/the-backpack-showdown-part-1/

j33

WKR
Buy clothes from clothing companies and packs from pack companies.

That eliminates Stone Glacier and Kifaru too...

Back to the thread, if I was buying a new pack it wouldn’t be Kuiu. Definitely SG and Exo a close second, only reason I’m running a Kuiu 2019+ is I bought I barely used for a fraction the price. Feels great but I don’t know what I’m missing.

npm352

WKR
That eliminates Stone Glacier and Kifaru too...

Back to the thread, if I was buying a new pack it wouldn’t be Kuiu. Definitely SG and Exo a close second, only reason I’m running a Kuiu 2019+ is I bought I barely used for a fraction the price. Feels great but I don’t know what I’m missing.
I would say that SG and Kifaru are pack-oriented companies rather than clothing companies.

So if you already had a new Kuiu bag, big enough to fit your needs, would you sell just to change to an Exo?

So if you already had a new Kuiu bag, big enough to fit your needs, would you sell just to change to an Exo?
Hard to say? I ran my kuiu 5200 for one year and was never really happy with it. I started looking into packs and went with the exo to never look back. I lost about 40% of what I paid for the kuiu when I sold it but was ok with that.

Just make sure when reading reviews that the people bashing kuiu have actually used the new 2019+ models. I have had the older and the new and the new ones are much better. Not saying SG doesn't make great packs because they do. But I personally think kuiu packs have better features. But I would say buy both and try them out. Only YOUR back, hips and shoulders can tell you what is best for you.

11boo

WKR
I have a kuiu ultra 3000. Really like it but if I did it again I would go US made. The frame was made here, but the bag and suspension are made in Vietnam. Really well made and has held up to a lot of use tho.