experience with Cimmaron w/ 2 people & stove?

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
Whats the deal on the sale? I don't see anything on their website.

thanks

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ yeah I think you have to sign up and then should get a code

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
You can only add one discount code to the checkout.....so make sure to add the 10% off code....and then in the customer notes box...add...."please add free ship promotion"....save you a few more $$'s.

I'm going back and forth in regards to deciding to go with the Cimmeron or the 4 man.....:confused:. Will be used with 2 guys and stove...with a dog or two thrown in once in a while.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Done...ordered a Cimarron (green) with carbon pole & stove jack. Just need to order the Lite Outdoors 18" stove.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I looked at round stoves reading they were more heat efficient, but thought the flat top might be handy for heating water etc

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I looked at round stoves reading they were more heat efficient, but thought the flat top might be handy for heating water etc
On the Liteoutdoors cylinder stoves you can place a pot or mug on the titanium rods that run on the top of the stove..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AdamW

WKR
You can only add one discount code to the checkout.....so make sure to add the 10% off code....and then in the customer notes box...add...."please add free ship promotion"....save you a few more $$'s.

I'm going back and forth in regards to deciding to go with the Cimmeron or the 4 man.....:confused:. Will be used with 2 guys and stove...with a dog or two thrown in once in a while.

I wondered if they'd take off the shipping too. Are you just hoping they'll have mercy? :D

I have been leaning heavy toward a Cimarron to try and then buy a Lite Outdoors stove later but I've never seen one in person and have a hard time gauging the size. Feel like it would be way too big for just one guy and finding a place to pitch it in the MO woods might be a challenge. Tic toc!

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
I think all of you will be very pleased with your purchase. I have Cim and LiteOutdoors 18" wonderful setup for anything from solo to 3person. Have not run 3 and a stove but 2 with stove and gear is plenty doable. Light and durable. Add some lines and tensioners to stake out points and you can have tons of standing room.

IMG_3905_zps92hi7pkl.jpg

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I wondered if they'd take off the shipping too. Are you just hoping they'll have mercy? :D

I have been leaning heavy toward a Cimarron to try and then buy a Lite Outdoors stove later but I've never seen one in person and have a hard time gauging the size. Feel like it would be way too big for just one guy and finding a place to pitch it in the MO woods might be a challenge. Tic toc!

For solo the much cheaper (but not that much lighter) mountainsmith LT might suit you fine, esp. if you hang the rear pitch point rather than using a pole on the inside (or use two poles to make a V so you can sleep centered).

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think all of you will be very pleased with your purchase. I have Cim and LiteOutdoors 18" wonderful setup for anything from solo to 3person. Have not run 3 and a stove but 2 with stove and gear is plenty doable. Light and durable. Add some lines and tensioners to stake out points and you can have tons of standing room.

IMG_3905_zps92hi7pkl.jpg

What size pipe did you pair with the liteoutdoors and cimarron?

Sleeping 2 w/o a stove long ways was plenty of room for gear, rifles, packs, hunters this fall. I need to try perpendicular in it to see how I like that to make more room for a stove.

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
What size pipe did you pair with the liteoutdoors and cimarron?

Sleeping 2 w/o a stove long ways was plenty of room for gear, rifles, packs, hunters this fall. I need to try perpendicular in it to see how I like that to make more room for a stove.

I have a 7 foot pipe, wanted to make sure sparks were pumped up well away from tent incase of wind.

7mag.

WKR
The 18" Smith Cylinder Stove from Kifaru weighs 1 lb 12oz, and heats up the Cimmaron to 80° in about 20 minutes. 2 guys and gear, no problem with space. Dries clothes and gear quickly, and keeps condensation to a minimum, even here in Washington.

Attachments

• 20151002_152511.jpg
    20151002_152511.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 160

gdog

Lil-Rokslider

I emailed them and they said they would give the 10% and free ship together...so order away! I ordered a 7' stove pipe for my Lite Outdoors setup today.

jb79

WKR
I bit also, added the comment about free shipping so we'll see. Sold my sawtooth and have regretted it a couple times now but hunt alone a lot so I think this will fill the void nicely.