Experience with Mid tier 15 power binoculars

Ugh. I know I should just wait for a deal on Meopta. I use 8X42 Meostar as my primary and really like them.

They don't show up real often. Maybe I should post a WTB.

Ugh. I know I should just wait for a deal on Meopta. I use 8X42 Meostar as my primary and really like them.

I found mine within a week of posting a WTB and being kind of picky about condition and price. Id definitely wait for the right deal on the Meostars.👍🏻

Rent some Swarovski 15’s from Rent Guns and Gear if you want to use the best on your hunt and especially if 15’s aren’t something you would use on a regular basis. https://www.RgunsNgear.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually looked at your site last night you guys have a lot going on over there. Lots of amazing things I had no idea you could even rent. The price of a binocular rental was less than I expected, making it a viable option for sure.
I'm going to continue to research mid grade options along with kicking around the idea to possibly just renting the best optics out there and enjoying the trip to it's fullest.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I actually looked at your site last night you guys have a lot going on over there. Lots of amazing things I had no idea you could even rent. The price of a binocular rental was less than I expected, making it a viable option for sure.
I'm going to continue to research mid grade options along with kicking around the idea to possibly just renting the best optics out there and enjoying the trip to it's fullest.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Glad you found us! ROKSLIDE10 gets you 10% off rentals . Let me know if I can help.

Coop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Minox and Kaibab 15x.

Kaibab are crisper to my eyes but the Minox aren't far behind.

As a side note, Minox service center in TX (Blaser USA) ships all the binoculars back to Germany for servicing. It took them 9 weeks to get my Minox 15x serviced and back to me. However, they are good as new!

The Viper's eye relief wasn't all that great for me but I have many friends that use them and no complaints.

I have the Minox and Kaibab 15x.

Kaibab are crisper to my eyes but the Minox aren't far behind.

As a side note, Minox service center in TX (Blaser USA) ships all the binoculars back to Germany for servicing. It took them 9 weeks to get my Minox 15x serviced and back to me. However, they are good as new!

The Viper's eye relief wasn't all that great for me but I have many friends that use them and no complaints.

So the Minox can be serviced! That's a good thing.

Since you have both could you share about the IPD between the Kaibab and Minox? Can the Minox adjust narrower than the Kaibab?

Since you have both could you share about the IPD between the Kaibab and Minox? Can the Minox adjust narrower than the Kaibab?
I can report back in a couple weeks about the IPD as my Kaibabs are with my brother in Mexico on a coues hunt.

I don't have any issues with adjusting either one to fit me though.

When I was running 15s I had a discount with vortex so it was between the vultures and the kaibabs and the vultures won hands down for me. I switched to just running my 10s on the Tri pod but my grandpa has the vultures now and we still use the heck out of them for blacktails in the big clearcut country of WA. They’re great glass for the price and probally the only vortex binos I’d own again.

That’s funny. For my eyes the relief was terrible on the kaibabs and great on the vipers and vultures. Goes to show it’s important to try to look through glass before you buy it.

I thought the athlons got pretty high marks considering the price.

They do. Minimum IPD is 59 which doesn't work for my wife.

All the Vortex are 60 I believe, which is a touch big for me.

Figuring out IPD for the Minox is near impossible.

I've had the Kaibab 15x56 and the Meostar B1.1 12x50 HD (Not a 15x I know).

If the 15x56 Meostars are anything like the 12s they are likely leaps and bounds better than the Kaibab. That said, the Kaibab isn't terrible by any means and it's significantly less expensive.

I don't think they make the Kaibab in 15x56 anymore, and I can't comment on the 18x56. I wouldn't want anything with a lower exit pupil than the 15s.

I've played with them all, and I'd never not save up for SLCs again. I've had Meostars for 5 years now, and they're really good. Definitely second only to the SLCs. They come up in the classifieds about monthly for 1100 or so. Mine will probably be for sale around May when I spring for NLs

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That is how I got mine. At the time, Doug didn't have any and didn't know when they would see more due to COVID-19. So I posted and got mine within one week. They are great. And....Cameraland ended up receiving some that same week, so I totally could have waited. ;o)

Meopta B1 Plus 15x is really, really nice! Doug at Cameralandny had a great price recently!

Back