Fat shaming guy update!

Yoder

WKR
That's awesome. It's tough. What kills me is keeping my diet under control. I'm down 20 lbs this year. Got 30 to go.

OP
Taylord9

Taylord9

FNG
What’s your routine? I do a mix of calorie counting, intermittent fasting, and hiking / walking / weights when I need to shed some pounds. As long as I’m accurate with my counting, and diligent with my exercise, I’m able to hit whatever weight goal I’m targeting. It can take a while, though the most I’ve ever had to lose was about 40 lbs at my heaviest.

At 6’ even, I try to maintain 180-190 and keep my body fat % as low as I can without obsessing about it.
Pretty much count calories. Have an active job. And hike hills often. Lately been eating a lot more protein. Carbs are usually 100 grams a day and usually just from rice or sweet potatoes.

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
We're in it together! Congrats!!
6'5" and 272 at my peak, down to a consistent 212 since last summer
Wouldn't mind hitting 200 but can maintain where i'm at very easily - my tip for anyone else is portion control, cut the booze, and regular exercise - nothing fancy and low stress. Would probably take a more strict diet for me to actually drop more.

Badseed

WKR
Keep up the hard work! Too many people make excuses for why they are overweight rather than putting in the effort to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ODB

Yoder

WKR
Dang good job!! Anyone have a go to they use to loose weight?
Suffering and eating less. I'm down 25lbs so far. I started working out 1-2 hours a day. Not casually working out, I mean being able to wring the sweat out of my soaking wet shirt. Then eating just dinner. It allows me to still eat food I actually like if I sacrifice during the day. It really sucks.

Cut out or drastically reduce beer, carbs in general, sugar. Skip breakfast and do the “ intermittent fasting” thing. You eat a decent lunch and a smallish supper, but schedule it so you don’t eat for 16 hours, and you have an 8 hour window for the two meals. Allow yourself a very small treat for your mental health after supper like one square of chocolate or something and eat it in very small bites so you can savor it (and believe me you will). Allow one day a week as a cheat day where you eat what you want when you want, but try not to go crazy with it, because the more you can keep up the intermittent fasting, the more the weight will fall off. Do some vigorous exercise as much as reasonable/possible.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
Well done, it takes dedication to lose weight like that.

You can’t out work a fork. Calorie counting is where its at. Cut out the junk, processed food & sugar. Drink WATER, amazing how many people consume useless calories through sugary drinks.

Reactions: ODB

ODB

WKR
A thread like this will end up being like the Quitting Alcohol thread... that ain't a bad thing...

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats - Keep it going!
I need to take off about 25-30 myself - shooting for 200-ish. I did it once but fell back into bad
eating habits.
What is everyone's take on diet soda. I drink 2-3 coke Zeros or Diet Mt Dew per day. Mostly for the caffeine pick me up. In theory you would think its not an issue. The label reads 0 calories, 0 carbs, but I've heard it can still end up adding pounds? How's that work?

PapaBear

FNG
Started at 330 I’m 244 and wanna be 220 September. Just gonna keep doing what I’m doing and see where I end up
I started at 320 six weeks ago I'm currently 295 with a goal of 220. Ive been as heavy as the mid 340s in the last couple years. Im right behind you keep up the good work!

D S 319

WKR
If you want to drink sodas I would look into zevia! I stick to those, coffee and black tea.

For it adding pounds I’m sure it has something to do chemically with your brain one way or another — I’m sure there are studies on it if you wanted to dive in.

I’m down about 30 lbs so far this year, goal was 200ish before September might end up going down to 190 just to see how I feel.