Favorite Bino Harness/Holster to wear while backpack hunting?

schmalzy

WKR
I’ve only worn it on training hikes, but the AGC hybrid with AGC holster seems like a definite winner for me. Pistol out of the way with secures retention, plenty of room in harness for other essentials.

The AGC holster can also be run on a belt or mounted in other ways. I prefer it on bino harness as its out of the way and always on me when dropping pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve only worn it on training hikes, but the AGC hybrid with AGC holster seems like a definite winner for me. Pistol out of the way with secures retention, plenty of room in harness for other essentials.

The AGC holster can also be run on a belt or mounted in other ways. I prefer it on bino harness as its out of the way and always on me when dropping pack.

A0C9D472-E839-4583-B6E1-1219196E7102.jpeg
this the holster you’re talking about?

OP
FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I was already eyeballing that holster but the AGC shoulder straps give me pause from going with their Bino Harness. Seems like a lot of material would be under the shoulder straps of your main pack...? Haven’t actually tried them out to see how they’d feel though. Perhaps its a non issue.

highstepper

Lil-Rokslider
Actually, they are pretty thin. I've never noticed it with a pack on , although I had the same concern.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I picked up an FHF in March and really like it after a couple days of hunting spring bear. I just use the harness, which is comfortable even with a pack over it. It is a well thought out piece of gear with obvious attention to detail in it's manufacturing. If one wanted, I think it would be easy to rig a hydration system to it.

Zak89

FNG
I like the Safepacker by Wilderness Tactical, it's a concealment option but I like being able to use it wherever I'm backpacking.

Dennis

WKR
I agree with your idea of being able to have your handgun with you after dropping your pack and or hydration rig. I also like to drop my binocular harness when fishing, just hiking or hanging out in camp, but still have my firearm readily available.

I use Diamond D Custom leather Guides Choice Chest holster with a lightweight (12 oz. 3") handgun as a stand alone rig. I can then add whatever else I need, bino harness, hydration rig. day pack or multi day pack depending on my needs that day. The holster is accessible with right or left hand and is totally out of the way at least for me. With this set up I can put on and take off packs, bino harnesses and still maintain access to my firearm. Photo is with Kuiu Bino harness without the cover and an old rangefinder pouch which has been replaced by newer Kuiu rangefinder pouch. Good luck, stay safe

Attachments

• DSC04016.JPG
    DSC04016.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 163

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Hill People Gear heavy recon kit bag which houses my pistol, nav gear, calls and a bunch of other crap and then my binos in the HPG pocket attached to the front. I have access to a lot of equipment fast and easy but keep my pockets empty. I love it. Rangefinder on the sidestrap as well.

Hi, I am considering this set up or possibly just the original kit bag. Do you have any pictures of how you run it? Thanks

md126

WKR
AGC for the bino harness.

I know people will dispute this but the fastest and least restrictive holster (in my opinion) is a thigh holster.

Graeme

FNG
Is anyone else running a thigh holster? I don’t carry and usually am out hiking for the day but plan to be in areas where it would be a good idea. The thigh seems like a natural place, especially if carrying Bino’s on your chest.

any interference with other gear there? What belt are you using?

kcm2

WKR
I don't like the bags for my binos. That just heats up a spot on my chest in warm weather. Instead, I take a piece of neoprene, cut it into a suitable rectangle and run it on the straps above the bino to keep water and snow off the lens, but to quickly move when I need them. That, and a Bino Buddy, are sufficient for my hunts, which do include some pretty snowy days.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I agree with your idea of being able to have your handgun with you after dropping your pack and or hydration rig. I also like to drop my binocular harness when fishing, just hiking or hanging out in camp, but still have my firearm readily available.

I use Diamond D Custom leather Guides Choice Chest holster with a lightweight (12 oz. 3") handgun as a stand alone rig. I can then add whatever else I need, bino harness, hydration rig. day pack or multi day pack depending on my needs that day. The holster is accessible with right or left hand and is totally out of the way at least for me. With this set up I can put on and take off packs, bino harnesses and still maintain access to my firearm. Photo is with Kuiu Bino harness without the cover and an old rangefinder pouch which has been replaced by newer Kuiu rangefinder pouch. Good luck, stay safe

my diamond D guide squeeks Too much under the pack straps. It’s really annoying.

Archellon

FNG
I have been running an Ivory Holster that easily switches back and forth from my K3 belt to my pants belt when dropping my pack.

I have the AGC Bino harness getting ready to try out there holster soon so I’ll share my input in when I receive it.