Favorite Bourbon Opinions

mproberts

WKR
I've been lucky enough to try most of what is out there. I will say for the price (MSRP) not the crazy secondary market that Van Winkle 12, Pappy 15 and George T are the best around. Van Winkle 10 is not even close to as smooth and flavorful as Van Winkle 12, while Pappy 20 and 23 are way overoaked for my taste.

I don't do a lot of drinking and luckily I have a source to get the handful of high end bottles I drink a year at MSRP (this year is was $42 for Blanton, $89 for Van Winkle 10, $99 for Van Winkle 12 and $129 for Pappy 15) that should pretty much last me the whole year... but if I had to find something in the store today it would likely be Buffalo Trace or Angel's Envy. I also really like Maker's in mixed drinks, the sweetness of it pairs well.

Also if you guys are in the market I would recommend checking out Barrell Armida, it's a bit different but the combination of flavors is like nothing else out there. Strong fruit flavors pairing perfectly with spices and oak.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 46

slvrslngr

WKR
I've got a pretty decent collection of Japanese whiskey, but that's a discussion for another day. :)

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
mproberts, you are a very lucky man.

Hopefully the availability and pricing on quality bourbons will be improving soon...crazy how it has been of late.

If you happen to live in Michigan (or can find it somewhere else), probably my favorite whiskey I've ever tried was from New Holland Brewing (Grand Rapids based brewery and distillery) called Zeppelin Bend 10 year Reserve. Only had one pour (and fortunately wasn't paying for it myself at $30), but it was really good.

My go to bourbons are Bulleit or Wild Turkey 101. Also like Henry McKenna for somewhat higher end. I'm definitely adding to my list of bourbons to try from skimming through these posts.