Favorite Daypack

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using a Badlands Superday for a couple of years now. Really like it. I use it for whitetail and treestand hunting. Carries everything I need comfortably. The hip built even has a built in pistol holster. If you need something a bigger to also haul out meat then any of the MR Pop-up packs or the Mr Pintler would fit the bill. I have the Pintler and its a great day pack that could also work for an overnight or two.

My all time favorite has been the KUIU 1850. I wish they still made it. I have been trying to find one in Valo for a while but they are hard to find used.

Another vote for the MR Pop Ups. I've had the original PU28 for 5 years and no complaints. It's the perfect size daypack for early season. When temps drop into the teens and single digits, and I need extra room for more layers and gear, I'll ditch it for a Sawtooth 45.
You could buy a Pintler, bag only, and switch it out to the Pop Up frame for more room also.

pirogue

WKR
My favorite daypack is the original Kifaru Antero. That one had the handle placed on top, for picking the pack up(imagine that), and for hanging on a tree (with minimum silhouette). The redesigned Antero has the handle lowered to look it is designed for the person behind you to grab and hang on to.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
MR pop up 38 here. Pretty great pack overall. Mainly got it for a pack that I could utilize a slick sling and pack meat out if needed. Been thinking about something a little smaller without a frame or meat shelf for simpler type trips. Really like the looks of the kuiu packs.

Lando

WKR
If it doesn't have to be a hunting pack, as you said, then I'd look at the 40-60 liter Sierra Designs Flex Capacitor on clearance. Very light, reasonably priced and can haul weight well if needed.

Check out the military packs I believe the one I just received for a test run on exactly what you're talking about is a 2-day combat pack with built in stiffener and chest and waist belt, it's the MOLLE system and extra compartments and storage areas can be added if needed. actually, in decent shape and for 30 dollars which included shipping. It will be put to the test this year during whitetail season. The other option I have used and it done well is the ALICE pack, the frame is compatible with a shelf, and you can get either a large pack or a medium pack for it. Plenty of room for packing out an animal if need be.