Favorite Daypack

Pdzoller

WKR
I use a MR Pintler for most day hunting and a Sitka Apex for hiking, some hunting and most scouting trips. Suites my needs.

Poser

WKR
If possible try before you buy. Some people like that Eberlestock X2. I hated it. It squeaked, didn't carry well, load lifters useless, mediocre suspension. After 7 days and 80+ miles my shoulders were toast. That said still use it to carry stuff to the treestand. I think it's just that I have a longer torso, even though not that tall and it's a short pack. If the frame were 3 to 4" longer it'd be much improved.

I picked up a KUIU venture divide 2000 just to replace my old computer pack, as I got it on sale pretty cheap. Ive taken on several hikes. Seems comfortable, good suspension. No lifters of course. Good stiff back so it gives some support. I'll actually probably use it in Colorado this year on day hunts. Ive been pleasantly surprised.

I had an X2 for a couple of years during my whitetail days. Worst designed/most uncomfortable pack I’ve ever owned.

Poser

WKR
I have an SG Avail. I’m unsure how much I like the layout, BUT, it is comfortable in that it distributes the weight very well for a day pack. I’ve taken it out peak bagging, scouting and fishing quite a few times.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
MR Pintler is hard to beat for a day pack. I’ve used it on a few 2-3 day trips and it’s good. Pretty amazing for a daypack with pack out capacity and meat shelf built in.

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
I put a lot of miles year-round with my Stone Glacier Avail. I love it and have gone through a number of different day-pack options.

Sniperbait1

FNG
Classified Approved
I really like my camelbak trizip with the futura harness it's been the most comfortable pack I've carried. Unfortunately it's discontinued so I think the Mystery ranch 2dap is the closest.

OP
B

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Update on this one:

Bought a Badlands 2200. First backpack I’ve ever had over $100, but very comfortable and handles weight exponentially better than my Walmart backpacking backpack(I know that’s probably not surprising to anyone).

Felt solid with 50 pounds in the main compartment, also experimented with 10 pounds and main compartment and then using batwing straps to tie off a summit climber (realistically how it will be used most). Night and day difference between doing it that way vs wearing the climber on my back, then adding 10 pounds to climber.

I’d say the bag will be perfect when I’m trying to go more than a half mile with the stand, it’s colder and I need to get bibs and a coat into the bag while carrying a stand, or 2 day/1 night trips still hunting from the ground.

Also plan to use it on an overnight hike this coming weekend so it will get the full test.

But, it did feel too big for early season where all I need is water/snacks/basic safety supplies, more bulk then necessary for single day hiking, and not feasible as a backpack while wading.

So I got a Kuiu Divide 1500 as well. Extremely comfortable, really enjoying it so far. Has been used on multiple wading trips fishing and it’s about the perfect bag for this.

The way the pockets are separated has made it really easy to stay organized with what is needed on a single day.

Have used the bag squirrel hunting so far, and it will probably get the nod in early season anytime I’m within a half mile of the truck.