Favorite Gun Smiths

Phil j

Lil-Rokslider
I just thought I’d start one on favorite gun Smith’s one of mine is Mark Bansner here four rifles that he built for me .
Starting at top. .350 rem mag
.338 win mag
.300 win mag
6.5x.284 C93CCCB3-77D9-406A-86AD-21B9BE64334C.jpeg

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
406, that 7 mag is a sharp lookin rifle. I assume it’s a great shooter, how much does it weigh without the scope and bipeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
69b58467c2314ece461ffc4179ec99c0.jpg

There’s lots of different ideas on the term gunsmith. I do my own work, which means I buy a contoured barrel blank, an action, a trigger mechanism, and an inletted stock. Sometimes I do some action work but generally I try to get the kind that doesn’t need fooled with. I thread and chamber the barrel, install it in the action and put it in the stock. Sometimes I bed them. Not a pro, don’t do it for pay or anyone else. Guess I’m a Gunjones.

Some nice examples here for sure. Anybody got a hand made double rifle to share? Now those are built by some craftsmen.

Mark Gordon is terrific! The SAC crew demonstrates relentless willingness to do things right. They put together a 6cm barreled action for me last year. A great customer experience -expertise, insight, and communication are exceptional.

Also happy to praise the services and capabilities of LRI, Douglas, Pac-Nor for putting new barrels on old actions.

IMG_6986.jpg

Wapiti1

WKR
I do my own work, but I am not my favorite gunsmith, just the cheapest I can find.

Now, when I think custom gunsmith, I think of Martin Hagn, Butch Searcy, Steve Earle, or Dewey Vicknair to name a few. But they do very different work than most other suggestions here.

Stuart Satterlee would fit in both categories of custom one off work (he makes his own actions), or precision rifle builds.

Jeremy