Feathered Friends

snipe10

FNG
Just ordered up the Feathered Friends Volant and Khumbu jackets. Been on the list for both since last September and of course they're available now even though it's a few days from March 1st. Bought them anyhow as I hunt a lot in cold weather. Also planning a few Alaska hunts in the next couple years. The Khumbu might be too warm, but I figured I'd get them both and check them out. Anyone have any experience with either?

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have either but have worn a jacket with about the same down as the Volant and I was overheating after a short walk in it. And that was without bibs on. The Khumbu will be a furnace. I am curious to see what you think of the jackets.

FNG
I have a volant and it’s my favorite price of clothing. I typically don’t pack the hood and have a super warm jacket that’s only 1.5 lbs. good for winter mountaineering or cold sits while hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dented

WKR
I've got a Helios jacket, love it. That being said, ANY brush briars e.t.c will punch holes in it. I keep a small roll of repair tape with me to patch them. Usually, I'll cover it with a brush proof layer/ camo/ whatever.

OP
S

snipe10

FNG
Just had the Volant and Khumbu arrive, the Khumbu in an XL was way too big but the Volant in XL fit perfect. It's a waist coat but it'll be fine. I bought it for cold weather glassing, Been on the list since last September and of course now that it's the middle of March and warming up, it was in stock. Still, glad I got it. Thinking of buying my two boys one too. Good quality and I like the detachable hood.