Federal judge sides with hunters

So is the result of this case hinging on the fact they used a ladder, thereby avoiding causing any damage to the fence? Or is it just a matter of convenience?

gtriple

WKR
Anyone want to start manufacturing and selling "ultra-light" ladders? Lol if that's the loophole that stays open im sure we will see a market for them in no time.
I've been practicing...

pole-vault-international-olympic-committee250days.gif

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting, I should have became a lawyer instead of a scientist. This should allow many frustrated public people who have been manipulated and intimated by sociopathic landowners a chance to ratify the old narrative of land control in this country.

Sad that we need judges to rule on what reasonable, considerate people already know to be true.. 2 things:
1) I'm glad we still have judges that rule rightly
2) The love of money is the root of all evil, to include laziness (in which those who are, steal)

So is the result of this case hinging on the fact they used a ladder, thereby avoiding causing any damage to the fence? Or is it just a matter of convenience?
Seems like when you read the whole article even swinging around a fencepost was fine due to the fact no land owner can impede access to public land.

Landowners are just going to erect a 8 or 10 foot fence located at those corners to keep people from putting a ladder over. I hope they clear things us as far as what is “restricting access” and what is a boundary fence. It is not unreasonable to have a 8’ tall barbed wire fence surrounding your perimeter. But it is unreasonable that it wouldn’t be restricting somebody from crossing corners.

gtriple

WKR
Landowners are just going to erect a 8 or 10 foot fence located at those corners to keep people from putting a ladder over. I hope they clear things us as far as what is “restricting access” and what is a boundary fence. It is not unreasonable to have a 8’ tall barbed wire fence surrounding your perimeter. But it is unreasonable that it wouldn’t be restricting somebody from crossing corners.
In my state, you are not allowed to erect a fence that tall and then hunt in it. No clue what the laws are out there, but might be similar.

RMB518

FNG

Im also excited to see how this pans out. Rancher are fed up with elk eating the grass for cows but also are anti public access to their lands.

I hope they don't resort to shooting them from helicopters. Allowing public access could bring a lot of people joy and put a lot of meat in freezers.

uhcoog1

FNG
My understanding is it'll still be years before the appeals are done and precedent is set. And this is limited in scope to Wyoming only. It'll require similar cases in other western states for this to apply elsewhere.

jmez

WKR

Im also excited to see how this pans out. Rancher are fed up with elk eating the grass for cows but also are anti public access to their lands.

I hope they don't resort to shooting them from helicopters. Allowing public access could bring a lot of people joy and put a lot of meat in freezers.
No they aren't. They want transferable land owner tags so they can sell them for big $$. None of them would be supportive of cow tags only.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

My understanding is it'll still be years before the appeals are done and precedent is set. And this is limited in scope to Wyoming only. It'll require similar cases in other western states for this to apply elsewhere.
My understanding is if it got appealed (twice?) to the Supreme Court and is upheld based upon UIA, it sets precedent for every state. That is a long ways from where we are now though.