Feedback from BOA release owners

moote

FNG
Looking at getting a new release, tried some of the BOA fastening releases on and liked the way they feel. Just wondering about real-world performance, durability, etc.?

I've had issues with buckle fastening in the past as the fit on my wrist varies a lot with temp, and I'm not a fan of velcro straps.

Thanks in advance!

I ran the Spot Hogg Wiseguy boa wrist strap for about a year. It’s a great release and very convenient. It’s secure, but there will be times when it might move a little. I noticed it. My boa also broke after almost 1 year of use. I emailed Spot Hogg and they sent me a new one within a couple days. Great customer service.

Overall, I really liked the boa wrist strap but recently switched over to a handheld thumb button.

Thanks Jrob! Good to hear that the customer service is on point, I think I'll take a chance and see how it goes.

I have the Spot Hogg Wiseguy BOA as well. Its taken a beating over the past year and a half and I've seen no issues to note.

Thanks Jrob! Good to hear that the customer service is on point, I think I'll take a chance and see how it goes.
No problem. I forgot to mention that the boa version of the wiseguy is more comfortable in my opinion compared to the regular wiseguy

Ive used the wiseguy with BOA for im guessing 5-6 years...pretty close to when the first started using the boa strap. I went through 3-4 straps (I shoot 20+ or so arrows every day so I shoot more than average) where the plastic piece under the boa knob would eventually wear through the leather and Id have to replace it. I probably was replacing them 6-9 months.

I noticed at some point the boa knob itself slightly changed in appearance - and Im not sure if they redesigned how they made the strap itself along with it, but I have not had to replace the boa strap in quite a while and I dont see where I might have to anytime soon. Ive been shooting this current boa strap for probably a year and a half.

I definitely prefer the boa to the buckle strap.

I have had good success with a boa strap. My wise guy has about 3000 shot on it and going strong still.

Back