Finally got a deer... advice on what to do with skull

Bear_b23

FNG
Hmmm...

Nevertheless, these tips will be good for me come Oct. Especially the hydrogen peroxide

EastMT

WKR
He was banned. Go look at his posts. Started listing several things for sale, using different numbers. This is why the 10 post rule is good, gives you time to weed out the scams.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

ALSO use electrical tape or some other type of wrap on the bases & up the beams to keep the hydrogen peroxide from bleaching the color off the antlers themselves. Either that or get a taxidermist paint/ marker for coloring the antlers once that happens. Additionally, make a paste out out the peroxide & baking soda & apply with a small brush. This way you can get it in the cracks/crevices.

coues craze

Lil-Rokslider
Relax guys. I am guessing he is New Zealand. Their hunting season is March - may time frame for whitetails.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Relax guys. I am guessing he is New Zealand. Their hunting season is March - may time frame for whitetails.
Or he was a spammer just making up lies! That's why it's good to call out people that post craziness

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Vex

FNG
Take it to somebody with beetles. It’s a lot easier than boiling and they get all the meat off.

chindits

WKR
Well I’m not going to comment on the legitimacy of the OP or hunt, but for me the easiest and most affordable thing to do with low value racks is cap it or bury it. I like buried skulls better than bleached skulls. Bleached skulls are too white and look fake to me. Muley buried and mounted on scrap Birdseye maple, about $10; big elk taxidermy beetle and bleach a couple hundred $, raghorn cap and scrap walnut less than $10 and no dirt time. Dirt time is a couple months in the arid west. 1A4FC318-1F8F-440D-BACF-CE24B1D96D75.jpegE8C5E9E5-D67D-4A7A-A2B4-0928534C2F3F.jpeg

chindits

WKR
I just put some bondo in the skulls to attach it to the scrap board. A couple screws through the back of the board. I usually router a picture frame slot in the back of the board to hang it from the wall but you could use picture hanging hardware if you don’t have a router. D87C2CDF-8A72-413D-90F8-367AEC71FE22.jpeg

EastMT

WKR
What the heck is going on here???

Haha, so it appears a guy was attempting to fit in with the crowd to get to the minimum required posts to then offer things for sale, scam hunters out of their hard earned dollars. But apparently hunting mule deer in March threw up a few flags, for all but Jeff Foxworthy hahaha. But how to clean skulls still a good question so it’s rolling on.

jspradley

WKR
Haha, so it appears a guy was attempting to fit in with the crowd to get to the minimum required posts to then offer things for sale, scam hunters out of their hard earned dollars. But apparently hunting mule deer in March threw up a few flags, for all but Jeff Foxworthy hahaha. But how to clean skulls still a good question so it’s rolling on.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just wanna know where I can get that sweet mag-fed muzzleloader