First dall sheep success

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
Fantastic story, congratulations!
Great job on bringing us all along with you

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Jwatts, great recap and one helluva hunt!! It was looking pretty dire with a few days to go, but glad we finally caught up to one and were able to let that .280 Ackley do its work. Josh (the hunter, not the guide) worked his ass off and earned his ram the hard way. We put in hard miles, bushwhacked through hellacious willows, and played a tough game of chess with two old wiley rams that decided to go on a spontaneous walk about.

I still haven't gotten a chance to go through all my pictures, but when I do I'll post a few more. Once again, congrats on the ram, it was hard earned and I'd hunt with you any time!!

Josh (the guide, not the hunter)

Great write up and thanks for sharing. Congrats on a beautiful ram and wonderful hunt. I am so excited to be going next year and this helps me with my preparation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddie63

WKR
Awesome write up and congrats on fulfilling a dream. I hope to one day as well.
Any gear stick out as must haves for you?

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
Awesome write up and congrats on fulfilling a dream. I hope to one day as well.
Any gear stick out as must haves for you?
I can't speak highly enough about the First Lite neck gaiter. I'm impressed by it every time I go out. It keeps the wind off your neck. You can pull it up enough to cover your ears in the cold. It can also be pulled up to cover your face to block oncoming wind or shield from bugs.

Also trekking poles came in handy. I usually only use one pole if I use any. If my legs got tired going uphill, I'd lean into them a little more and let my arms do the walking. They did kinda get in the way in bigger rock fields, but otherwise helped out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

daddie63

WKR
Good info thanks a lot. Neck gaiter may seem small but a big bonus so thanks for that.
Congrats again. Beautiful ram.

Big338

FNG
Congratulations and very good write up ! Once you take a sheep all you do is dream about another. I got 1 down in Yukon 3 years ago and go again in 2021 to NWT I can’t wait!

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
Congratulations and very good write up ! Once you take a sheep all you do is dream about another. I got 1 down in Yukon 3 years ago and go again in 2021 to NWT I can’t wait!

Thanks. I would have headed back in for another hunt the next day if I could have made my flight home. It was a heck of a time.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations again on the ram Josh! Finally got a chance to read your whole report, nice work! It was great to meet you and you're welcome to stop by again anytime you want.