First Lite 2024 Western Offerings

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Jordan Budd is white cloud replacing the chamberlain? They look really close. Also what’s the difference between the insulation of the two?

Looking at the site, the flashstorm jacket looks like a pretty good solution for a rain/wind shell. I’d be curious how the 3 layer dwr would hold up against a longer storm, but at half the weight (and smaller size) of the Outdoor Research goretex shell I’ve been using, I might try to pick one up.

I've been wearing varying versions of the 308 pant for the last 2 seasons and I'm very happy with where it landed, especially for women. I've always opted to wear mens pants because of the sizing and fit issues for me in the women's line, but now that has changed. Both the lined and regular versions are simple, sleek and comfortable. Hope you guys like them. I've used the other new products this last year as well if anyone has any questions.
have you had any experience with the Flashstorm ?

I've been wearing varying versions of the 308 pant for the last 2 seasons and I'm very happy with where it landed, especially for women. I've always opted to wear mens pants because of the sizing and fit issues for me in the women's line, but now that has changed. Both the lined and regular versions are simple, sleek and comfortable. Hope you guys like them. I've used the other new products this last year as well if anyone has any questions.
Besides some of the visually obvious differences, why would someone select the 308 pant over the corrugate foundry pants?

I’ve used it in probably 2 rain squalls, just all I was dealt this year. Otherwise it was in my bag almost all season. It packs down super small which I like. The fit is good. I felt like it did was it was designed to do well
Is it true FL is coming out with a new pant to replace the Corrugate Foundry?

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Besides some of the visually obvious differences, why would someone select the 308 pant over the corrugate foundry pants?
I feel the same way at this point. I have the corrugate foundry for when it’s warmer and the catalyst foundry for colder weather. Don’t see a need to add these unless they offer something I’m missing

Pretty excited about the re-designed Trace pant and the Challis fleece.

Hopefully that challis fleece is like the Drake Waterfowl windproof layering vest material. That is one of my favorite materials for cold weather hunting anything from whitetails to waterfowl and more. The cut and fit was always horrible, but the windproof fleece material is amazing (quiet, windproof, warm, very water resistant, durable). The challis, on the surface, looks like a similar material but with a better fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
It looks like a carbon copy of the Black Diamond Alpine Start
Alpine Start is just a sewn softshell material that’s pretty breathable - this piece sounds like it’s got 3 layers and taped seams (so likely far less breathable). So a little different construction but similar use case for most.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s a quieter material, lighter in weight fabric so they run cooler in warm weather. It’s a simpler pant and the cost reflects that.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel the same way at this point. I have the corrugate foundry for when it’s warmer and the catalyst foundry for colder weather. Don’t see a need to add these unless they offer something I’m missing
Yeah I mean you don’t need them. I’ve always said the corrugate foundry is a super solid all season type of pant. The 308 would shine over the corrugate in the noise, not that the corrugate is very loud but that’d be an advantage and the 308 would run cooler for warmer weather.